iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Busy Forum!!

Started by Corley5, March 06, 2002, 07:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

I was gone to Arkansas for a few days to an antique tractor auction and can't hardly believe the amount of business the forum has done.  I finished wading through the last of it last night.  There are some new members too 8)  What a place!
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Jeff

I was just getting ready to give you H-E-double toothpicks in an email for disappearing on us! ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

John_Boisselier

See any particularly interesting old tractors?  I just sold my old massey-harris.  One of these days I'm going to get something interesting and useful too.
The Woodsman

DanG

Well, this forum is getting busy, fer sure, but it ain't exactly a full-time job. (unless your name is Jeff B)

If you Anteek tractor guys haven't already been there, you oughta check out   www.ytmag.com

There are forums there for almost every make of old tractor, and their BS board, "Tractor Tales" rivals this one for comraderie.

I have my Granddaddie's old '53 Farmall Super C.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Frank_Pender

DanG, if I don't have you beat a bit. ;) 8) I got my first tractor from when I was 12 years old.   It is a 1951 Fergie 30.  I got her in 1957.  she was a bute.  In the procss of redoing her now. ;)
Frank Pender

Corley5

The main reason for going was an old road grader just like one I've got.  It's based on an M Farmall and was made by the Meili-Blumberg Co of New Holstein Wis.  There are 6 of them that I've been able to find in country.  The one at the sale was just like mine even the same year, a 1948, but ran on diesel in stead of gas.  It was in pretty good shape but didn't have the correct blade with it :(.  I bid on it but with out much enthusiasm :-/.  I could have had a blade fabricated for it but that would have cost more than grader.  We did come home with a late 40s Farmall Cub with a Woods belly mower and a 55 Farmall 200 which is a descendant of the C 8).  There was also a Cockshut 30 and a Massey Harris Pony that had both been restored, a Ferguson 30 in need of much TLC, and a 560 Farmall that was pretty interesting.  It had a heavy duty lift boom that used a dump truck's telescoping cylinder mounted on the front of the tractor and had been converted to hydraulic steering, no steering wheel just a valve.  There were lots of parts and misc. other junque  ;D
  Besides ytmag check out www.atis.net.  It's pretty good too, also has forums and mailing lists.  Old tractors are sort of addicting.  I've got a 37 A John Deere that Grandpa Whittaker brought up here from Ohio when they moved here in 1959, a 47 H Farmall that belonged to my Grandpa Bob and originally to his uncle, a 55 300 Farmall that orinally belonged to a great, great uncle.  Last summer we went to Klondike Wis and picked up a 1948 88 Oliver that belonged to a cousin.  The list goes on. We've got around fifty old tractors now, most of them run but only a few have been restored.  When Dad retires in a 2.5 years he plans to spend his free time on restoration. We've got doubles and triples of some models that we want to fix up and get rid of to finance buying the models our collection lacks.  Having rust in your blood is much the same as having sawdust in it and rust and sawdust mix quite well :D

Jeff

Having rust in your blood is much the same as having sawdust in it and rust and sawdust mix quite well

I just added that under quotes in the knowledge base. I like it!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Corley5

Eggsander

You ain't kidding its a busy place. I've only been able to check it out sporadically lately, and I haven't yet caught up on everything. Good to see a few new folks on here too.
Steve

Thank You Sponsors!