iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Our little logging op from last fall.

Started by mf40diesel, February 26, 2015, 02:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mf40diesel

Decided to post my first pictures on here. Love the site.  These are some pictures from my Dad and I's little project last november taking down some pine from his land.

While I love that farmi winch, I do want to upgrade to a little more powerful Tajfun in the future. 

We are not super high production, but this was something like 12-14 hours work for us.  All the trees wanted to go the wrong way (they were close to his garage) so we needed to pull them all towards me.  Awesome fun.  Wish I could do it a little more for real so to speak.
John Deere 5055e, mfwd. Farmi JL306 Winch. Timberjack 225 Skidder. Splitfire splitter & Stihl saws.

Ljohnsaw

John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

mf40diesel

John Deere 5055e, mfwd. Farmi JL306 Winch. Timberjack 225 Skidder. Splitfire splitter & Stihl saws.

mf40diesel

Took me a few tries and a little 'ciphering to figure it out....  thats my boy and my dad in the bottom pics.

My two best helpers.

Loesshillslogging

JD 5055e is sweet little unit! Green paint isn't cheap but very dependable. Thanks for sharing your photo's!

LHL

Dave Shepard

That looks like the same Farmi I have. Is it a JL306?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

dustintheblood

Getting the kids out and interested is the purpose of the exercise.  Nice work, and yah... I covet thy green machine  :D
Case 75C, Case 1494, RangeRoad RR10T36, Igland 4001, Hardy 1400ST, WM LT40HD, WM Edger, ICS DH Kiln

mf40diesel

I pretty much have to beg him to come out in the woods with my Dad and I.  Once he is out there though he loves it.  Nothing makes me happier than being out there too.  I have dreams of trying to pick up some land to log off for the money, firewood, excercise and to be out there with my Dad, and boy (or my wife or daughter for that matter). the best times of my life really.

It is a JL306, nice little winch, not sure what year it is but works pretty darn good.  I would really like to upgrade to a Tajfun that is a little more capable, and has all the guarding.

Love the tractor, so far it has been a beast.  Green is expensive, but dealer support around me is second to none, so it was kind of a no-brainer.  I have intentions of having a forestry package installed on it, skid plates, canopy and limb risers. It'll never be a skidder, but for what we do it is perfect, and a lot less damage to the land. Thanks for the comments.

Thank You Sponsors!