iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Spring is Coming

Started by mesquite buckeye, February 24, 2015, 06:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

Cottonwoods along the San Pedro River leafing out about 3 weeks early.

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

goose63

Thy will be 3 months late here
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

drobertson

Nice, too bad for everyone east and north! our trees are not sure what to do, lots of buds then another 15 min weather change, and winter precip.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Autocar

Great picture looks like there should be some Desert Sheep in that country.
Bill

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Spring is Coming.....

This topic has been moved to the Wood Shed due to lack of evidence.  :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Autocar on February 24, 2015, 07:11:46 PM

Up and to the left. It is called Aravaipa Canyon and environs. ;D
If the lions haven't eaten them all. :(
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

clww

Daffodils in our yard came up about 9", got covered with 6" of snow and ice. Got another 2" of snow on them again late this afternoon. At least four years since we saw any blooming flowers.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on February 24, 2015, 08:23:41 PM
Quote from: Autocar on February 24, 2015, 07:11:46 PM

If the lions haven't eaten them all. :(

There went the evidence.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

mesquite buckeye

Not to worry, they like goats too. ;D

No accounting for taste. :) :snowball: :)

Southside

First week of January I told my wife it was only 4 weeks until spring and that it had not been a bad winter........  guess I did not knock on wood hard enough.  More snow coming tomorrow.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

coxy

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 24, 2015, 07:17:27 PM
Spring is Coming.....

This topic has been moved to the Wood Shed due to lack of evidence.  :D :D :D :D
I agree   nothing like kicking  a bunch of guys and gals in the chin when we are down and out  :D 8) 8)

thecfarm

I've been telling myself that the whole month of February.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mesquite buckeye

Here they come. :)

Prickly pear loaded with flower buds.

Roger2561

Quote from: thecfarm on February 25, 2015, 06:59:24 AM

Well, let's look on the bright side; I haven't been bitten by a mosquito in months. :)  Roger 
Roger

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Roger2561 on February 25, 2015, 12:37:31 PM
Quote from: thecfarm on February 25, 2015, 06:59:24 AM

Well, let's look on the bright side; I haven't been bitten by a mosquito in months. :)  Roger 

smiley_thumbsup :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

farmer9

Yep, Spring is here in Central Illinois. 4" on ground, 3-6" promised for Sunday.

scleigh

Not much going on here. For the past month, the logs have been frozen on the days I could saw, or we've had snow or ice.

woke up to 5" this morning

No work today, but did get to play with the kids

Roger2561

A friend of mine sent me an email stating that by Monday will be the end of the subzero temps so this global warming thing should be coming to end soon.  Roger 
Roger

MrPete

Been working in Philly on night shift.  Last night we had a heat wave!  It was all the way up to 11 degrees!!!!  Please don't talk to me about spring, it's so depressing!! ;)

mesquite buckeye

Pincushion cactus. Smells nice too. ;D

mesquite buckeye

Mexican goldpoppies have started blooming. Took this one while milling mesquite. Haven't had time to go take wildflower pictures. Look for the bright yellow line at the top of the hill. ;D

mesquite buckeye

Carpets of poppies from 1/2 mile.

mesquite buckeye

Flowers from the fabulous Darlene's gardens.

Lady Bank's rose.

globe mallow

hybrid penstemon

Black spined prickly pear.

21incher

I have never had this kind of snow in my yard before. Usually there is only a inch or 2 in my front yard this time of the year and the crocuses are starting to peep through. Today I started digging drainage ditches through the 4 feet of snow in my yard to provide a place for the water to run in when the snow melts. I just hope spring doesn't come to quick this year and flood everything out.

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

curdog

Alot of daffodils blooming and saw some trillium starting to poke it's leaves out today as well. Also saw my first snakes of the year, a den of garters must have needed to stretch a little today. There was 4 of them within 10-15 feet of each other. Won't be long until the trees start leafing out.

Thank You Sponsors!