iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fingernails

Started by Magicman, February 23, 2015, 12:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Cold weather or what?  It seems that every couple of days I have another torn fingernail.  I have three that I am filing on now to keep them from tearing further.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

MM,

Might try eating more Jello. The gelatin in Jello is good for hair and nails (and a little dry Jello over their food even helps with German Shepherd puppies in keeping their ears up when they are a few months old). Good luck.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

Hair??  Reckon it might.....naw, da cat would lick it off.   :o   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pabst79

I use superglue on my thumb and fingers to keep from cracking and bleeding in winter, it also helps with your nails from tearing off at the edges. Just be careful not to glue your fingers together  :D.
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: pabst79 on February 25, 2015, 10:43:59 AM
I use superglue on my thumb and fingers to keep from cracking and bleeding in winter, it also helps with your nails from tearing off at the edges. Just be careful not to glue your fingers together  :D.

I do that too, works well :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

drobertson

yea, super glue for nails and cuts, gelatin for joints I know, but if it helps hair, have not seen it, too much head scratching I suppose  ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

SwampDonkey

Must be a southern thing. Never had the cold crack my nails. Maybe if my hands froze solid. :D Who is your manicurist?  Remember them old commercials of bowls of palm olive and fingers submerged? You never washed enough dishes. Shame. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

During the Winter I get lots of skin cracks on my hands and I used to use a buffer, then super glue and it worked pretty good!

The company that makes Vaseline just came out with a new handlotion for MEN and it says right on the label "Heals very dry skin in 5 days", and it works, at least it does on my hands!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

If your working around the shop in the sawdust or with cotton or linen yarn it really dries your fingers at least.  ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Chuck White on March 01, 2015, 06:55:57 AM
During the Winter I get lots of skin cracks on my hands and I used to use a buffer, then super glue and it worked pretty good!

The company that makes Vaseline just came out with a new handlotion for MEN and it says right on the label "Heals very dry skin in 5 days", and it works, at least it does on my hands!

I use bag balm. :D :D :D The goat could use some too. :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

trapper

clear finger nail polish makes the nails stronger.  I need to keep it on a split thumb nail.  Red would get you attention. ;D
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Chuck White

We use Bag Balm here quite a bit, but nothing has ever cured finger cracks for me any better, or as quickly as the new stuff by Vaseline!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Hilltop366

About 10 years ago my Dad was mentioning that his nails were in poor condition. I told him that I had heard that eating almonds will improve your nail health so he started eating a hand full of almonds everyday. A month or two later he was telling me he had dropped a table on his big toe when he was young and always had trouble with his toenail since and mentioned that after eating almonds everyday his toenail had fully healed and looked normal, it had been 65 years since he had dropped the table on his toe.

beenthere

I eat "lots" of almonds every day.. bad habit I have.  But I don't see any positive effect on either fingernails (they split easily in the winter time) or the toenails. Just sayin....
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

doctorb

I would just like to point out that this is just another example, in a long list published here, of injury to Magicman. 8)
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Magicman

:D  I am trying to keep myself "patched" together. 

Very few days go by that I do not eat at least one handful of almond, walnut, or pistachio nuts.

SwampDonkey

I eat lots of nuts to. Peanuts, pecans, almonds, filberts, Brazil, cashews, walnuts, pistachios, and butternuts when I can get them.  ;D Doesn't change the nails none, in fact mine are thinner than most peoples'. And chalk boots in thinning ground are hard on toe nails.  But easier on the knees than leather boots, so there are trade offs. ::)

coxy

im only allowed i bag of nuts a year the family says am nuts enough  ;D  i soak my hands in hydro oil for about 30 sec every few days makes them nice and smooth  they may fall off one day but

Gary_C

You need more calcium to grow stronger nails. So more milk, cheese and ice cream.    8)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

SwampDonkey

I got the market tied up on those items, so that ain't it. ;D

Jeff

Lynn, let the grand kids paint grampa's fingernails with polish. They like to do it, and we won't tease you unless you use hot pink.   :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

coxy

Magicman

Do I also let then paint my toe nails??   ???

Magicman

Quote from: Gary_C on March 04, 2015, 11:26:40 AM
You need more calcium to grow stronger nails. So more milk, cheese and ice cream.    8)
I put milk on my cereal each morning, cheese on my sammich, and do I eat ice cream almost every night??   Guilty as charged.   ;D

Jeff

Quote from: Magicman on March 04, 2015, 10:00:26 PM
Do I also let then paint my toe nails??   ???

We saw your feet. Please don't traumatize the children.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!