iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chaga

Started by DonT, February 23, 2015, 12:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonT

Does anyone have any experience with chaga? It is a black charcoal like spore that grows on some yellow and white birches.I am interested in its medicinal use.Thought I would inquire here for some first hand knowledge.  thx DonT

coxy

I know that some people here are getting big bucks for it

DonT

I have heard second hand, that it has been sold for 10.00 an ounce,but that is properly harvested and dried.Unfortunately the black market may be ahead of legislation to protect its over harvest.

SwampDonkey

I know someone who just harvested a bunch this week off of birch trees and is going to sell them. I know someone else who sells what she finds in the woods at a farm market.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

doctorb

Good question!  Unfortunately, I have no knowledge on the subject.  So I can do a little research, but I'll bet you've already done that.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Gearbox

I see here in the north the thiefs are going on public land and cutting the birch to get the chaga . I guess a chainsaw is easy to carry than a ladder .
Gearbox
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

SwampDonkey

I suspect that is where a lot is coming from here to, also off mill ground. But at least here I think you can probably get a permit for $25 like you can for fir tips. Some probably don't bother just the same.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey

A local fellow I work with in the summer recently sold a mushroom for $67 he said.

His buyer has a permit by weight, so I'm assuming it's mostly off public lands. He's not buying more right now apparently.

http://www.fiddleheadheaven.com/chaga-mushrooms.php

Located in Windsor, New Brunswick.

Miller-Thinner2

I went and Harvested some Chaga this week.  I enjoy going in the woods trying to find more then I enjoy drinking it.

27 lber

A 27 lb piece a friend and I found

starmac

All I can say for sure is it taste terrible,but then again everyone has different taste.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

DonT

Swamp Donkey that was one of the best non-biased articles I have read,thank you for sharing. DonT

Thank You Sponsors!