iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TJ 380B INFO ??

Started by RunningRoot, February 21, 2015, 07:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ga jones

Yes I would spend a day getting it running.it isn't seized up is it?
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

RunningRoot

I don't believe its seized up... But it is missing the injection pump( only thing missing). And my though process is this.... What if the tranny went, then they parked it because of cost to fix and then robbed it for the injection pump... He did say they had two of these skidders, was told they sold the other one running...
A log in the hands worth two in the bush !

RunningRoot

And.....

how hard would it be to throw a manual transmission in it? As I know I could obtain a manual transmission a lot cheaper than fixing the power shift if it wound up needing it

ga jones

There isn't any transfer case. The transmission does it all winch shaft drive shafts. It would be a monumental job to change it. Why don't u price a good known used transmission from the junkyard just to see.ww tractor. Golden rule here in pa.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

ga jones

There's a large forestry junkyard in Indiana I can't remember the name someone here probably knows. They maybe closer to u

Autocar

Try Schafers at Wolf Lake Illinois I believe there number is 618-833-5498 and ask for Andy they have about eerything.
Bill

Polish Hammer

Quote from: RunningRoot on February 24, 2015, 03:00:55 PM
I don't believe its seized up... But it is missing the injection pump( only thing missing). And my though process is this.... What if the tranny went, then they parked it because of cost to fix and then robbed it for the injection pump... He did say they had two of these skidders, was told they sold the other one running...

I dont believe some one would go threw the trouble of taking one injection pump of another engine to try on another, do to the fact you get a core on a rebuilt. unless they knew that machine was not going to be used again. They are leaving out alot of information. unless you picked this up for half that price say $4 grand and you know you would get you money back in parts it would be worth it. how much is your time worth to dismantle the machine and sit on the parts untill they are sold ? or go the other way and attempt to repair the machine, install injection pump $$$ get engine running only to find out the trans is toast? just remember if its too good to be true it probably is.
Cat 322c fmhw with waratah 622, Komatsu PC200-7 FM with waratah 622b, Timberjack 450b grapple, timberjack 660c grapple, Tigercat 630c grapple, John Deere 853j Buncher, echo saws

ga jones

Thats the one I was thinking of autocar il not ia

so il logger

Yes schaeffer's is a great place to deal with and andy really knows his stuff. After hearing that they robbed the inj,pump I would be a little suspect of it. But I know the value of used iron is different in different regions, around here 8k the way it set's is not an unreal number at all for a straight skidder. Is there anyone that may know the machine other than the guy selling it? May be time well spent to do some digging for more info, Im sure some other logger in the area may know a little more about the story. Good luck

coxy

Quote from: ga jones on February 24, 2015, 08:38:25 AM
Yes I've seen 23.1 tires sell for 250. bald as bald can be.
I ment to say a 1000  bald and with patches 23.1 are going for 5-600  I just sold 2 that were maybe a little less than 1/2 2200 for the pair 23.1s and 18.4 34s are like gold here

ga jones

I believe it coxy. I saw I guy pay 150.00 for an 18.4 34 that had a one foot chunk of primary rubber missing last year.just to get him by a while.

so il logger

Same way here, I'd love to have a pile of 23.1 26 laying around even bald ones. That would be like withdrawing money from the bank whenever I needed it. 18.4 are tough to find as well, alot of guys run 10 ply ag tires and avoid stobs just because they can be found used for a reasonable price

coxy

years ago you could get them pretty cheep  that's when people were making money and would buy new ones every couple years and the poor people like me would buy there 1/2 bald ones for 2-300 buck   tires are getting insane in price new and used

so il logger

Yeah I plan to put a couple new 30.5 32 on my grapple this spring. Haven't checked prices half afraid to.

BargeMonkey

New 23.1 goodyear is 2300 mounted here. The kid who bought my jack ripped a tire with the grapple "i assume"  :D and paid 300 from a local guy who had one and it was a marginal spare on a rim.
Like someone else suggested, start asking around the area, im sure someone knows why or how the machine got parked. Between the tires and easy parts its probably worth around 8k, but thats after you invest your time and money. Unless i saw it run and move i would be super skeptical.

RunningRoot

the owner of the 380 called me today. And I know by the way he was talking he is a member here on the forum and he has read this thread..
The fact that he wouldn't tell me this information makes me a little leery about the whole situation.

The way I see it is why wouldn't this company that has it now fix it if it wasn't much of a task or bill..

And to know absolutely nothing about a machine you own is odd itself...
I've had two pieces of equipment sitting in the weeds over the last couple years but I can tell you exactly what's wrong with both.

ForestFox

Questions to ask yourself!
1) Am I in the salvage business?
2) Do I find inconsistencies in the sellers storyline?
3) Can I MAKE MONEY salvaging it or just work to break even?
4) Are the red flags being ignored because sugar plums are dancing in your head?

Corollary to your rule!
A dollar in your pocket is worth more than 3 in your Butt!  :(

It is also hard to beat someone else at their own game!

Warren Buffett quote, " It is better to buy a wonderful stock at a fair price, than a fair stock at a wonderful price'.
TJ225,MF481 wLoader, JD792, MF1080, Husky 2100's,285XP,576XP,261,

Thank You Sponsors!