iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Its a shop\garage\*  The pictures I have it finished

Started by isawlogs, August 25, 2004, 11:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

ItS finaly in the making , :) We poured the slab on the 14 of august , started the walls on monday (16) Will be puting in the steel beam to suport 2nd floor on tomorow (today).
 the building will be 22 x 36 , aa 12 foot wide x 8 high over head door and a 36 inch metal side door. with a car port attached to it 18 feet wide by 36 long .
I have the walls up Tyvecked and straped , stairs are up and waiting for the floor , once that is ther e I will make the car port trusses and slide them out then build the roof . The roof of the shop will be rafters , I'll have 7 feet of head room below the collar ties , Storage space never seem to have enough....
The car port will have 10 feet under the trusses and the shop will have 9 feet 2 inchs under the finished ceiling .
 A yes the famous question the pics ...... I'm taking them as the building is going up but ( theres always a but) I don't have a digital camera  :'( I will have them put on a disk and if I can't post them I'll send them to anybody that will  ;D ;D
  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Weekend_Sawyer

I'm sure you can post them. If I learned how I am DanG sure you can. Take a look at the Forum Tools at the top of the page under that are easy instructions on Uploading Photos.

Enjoy
WS
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Norm

Sounds like a great playhouse your building Marcel, if you get stuck on how to post pictures just let me know and I'll be happy to help out.

isawlogs

This is how I lifted the steel beam into place , it will support the floor joist for second floor

The walls are up and beam is in place .. well half of beam ...

Well I know that this is a bit quick from walls to roof and snow but I have not finished getting my films develloped yet ....  
  This is the garage/ shop/ studio  that I built .
  There will be more to come now that I can post pictures ....

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

isawlogs

This is just inside the over head door and looking to the north , the post on wich the steel beam sits are 10 x10 pine post .... great to put the antlers on .....

Marcel

DanG

You da' MAN, Marcel! 8) 8)  That's a great looking building. Good job on the pics, too, and it only took ya 5 months. :D :D  Not ta worry, though, it took me 2 years to get around to learning the pic thing, and then Tom had to sit down next to me and hold my hand.

Have ya made plans for a shop addition, yet?  They're all too small, ya know. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

woodhick

I agreee with DanG on the too small.  I'm there now.  Looks like I have two choices, add on or quit buying toy's uh I mean tools.  Hmmmm   guess I better start sawing so I can get that big strok sander out of storage and put into use.  Good looking shop Isaw. ;)
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

isawlogs

Actualy . ::).. DanG  I have to modify the back wall that you see to the left on this picture ... I have to push the window out by about three feet .... When I changed the trannny in my truck I sortof found out that the truck with the sander in it would not fit .. ::)... So I will be pushing the window out .. like a bayview window to make room for the sander . Just cant get things right on the first time .... :P ;)

Marcel

Captain

Nice space, Marcel.  Sure beats changing a transmission in a snowbank.

Captain

sprucebunny

Looking good , Marcel. ;D
Bet you can't wait to get the heat going
so you'll be warm when/if you have to do any more
major mechanical work  ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

DanG

You did the tranny in there?  And all this time I was picturing you rolling yer pore frozen carcass around in tha snow. Ya probbly even had tha radio playin, or tha tv with Judge Judy givin' some pore fella a hard time. ???  Next thing, we'll be findin' out ya had a heater and a creeper and tranny jack and a cooler of Buttweiser! >:( ;) :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

isawlogs

Heat .... I ordered that in a few months ago ... Someone mentioned .. back order ...  :o   June is just around a couple of corners .. ;D
  Please ... Dont mention or think of or dream of any more major mechanical work for me this winter .... I got my share I'll leave that to someone else ....
 The only heat in my shop at the moment is when I'm welding to close to my pants or have the aceteline torch burning ....
 In either case it can get hot ... good thing that there is snow out there at this time .. it can come in handy when it gets to hot  :o ::) ;)
  I am working on get the cheminy up , got the furnace in and the chemeny out of the wall ... two sections up , got to cut the over hang back and get the flashing in and two more sections up and then make some smoke .... ;D

Marcel

devo

Crazy enough to try it! (once)

isawlogs

DanG
 you are wright on a few things ... the radio was on ... second thing that went into the shop , Had a creeper .. but that my brother in law took first hand on ... You know that ciment will take to the temperature that surounds it ... does -30C give you any ideas..  and the first thing that made it into the shop was the beer fridge ... no need for the cooler .... and it was bleu   not blue ...  ;D ;D ;D
 Did have to take the sander and the plow off the truck to get the door closed  ::) ;)

Marcel

etat

Looking good!  I know exactly what ya mean about welding and cutting and when something getting extra too hot! :)  I burnt the whole tail end out of a pair of coveralls one time hugging up to a heater and tryig to get warm.  Ain't got no snow around here though.  Usually have to stick to water and mud! :D

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Furby

Aha!!! Yet another use for the "New Product"!! ;D

Looking darn good there Marcel!!! 8) 8) 8)
So what's upstairs again???

UNCLEBUCK

That is a great looking building ! I like it alot !  I been to a place in quebec twice ,straight north of the anticosti island called bai-juan-bietz? just east of havre-st-piere ? My dad made me sleep in the main bunkhouse with the french workers and guides , they taught me how to drink and play pishnell . I was 14   ;D Gods country ! Great pictures !
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

isawlogs

The siding is 1 x12 pine and 2 1/2 " batten on the lower ten feet .. the gable ends are random width pine boards with unedged boards over them .The carport is wide enough at 18' to have the truck with the plow ( 8' ) and the Saturn in it and have room to move around a bit .

Furby ... I have built a studio upstairs for my daughter to do her paintings and her craft work , shes an artiste in the making .... The studio is 11' x11' in the center facing north  ... the rest of the second floor is for storage ...
  The only part that will be insulated upstairs will be the studio , the garage and shop will also be insulated eventually ...

Marcel

edsaws

You've done a nice job on the shop. Lookin at your pics you got me thinkin of changing the design on the one I'm thinkin of building in the near future. The space where your truck is I'm thinking would be a good spot for my mill. Yeh I'm liking it more all the time. Great job and kepp the pics coming

Avalancher

You have done a great job on that shop, I am envious! My wife was looking over my shoulder and said "look at all that snow! They are so lucky!"
I pointed out where you also said it was 30 below.
Shes rethinking the lucky part :D

jgoodhart

Nice job, I like it because of that cozy feeling barn look it has, got me thinkin now.

OneWithWood

That is one fine building, Marcel.  I am sure the addition will look equally impressive!
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

SwampDonkey

I to, like the new shop and the car port. I like the idea of using that as a house for the mill too, as edsaws suggested. ;) As everyone says, the shop is never big enough. My own is small and cramped, but temperary untill I build me new one , some time down the road. My father's aunt and uncle had a house connected to the garage by a breeze-way which was a godsend in the heat of the summer when a nice breeze always blew throught there. They closed it in with panels in the fall for the winter months to keep snow out. See'n folks post their pictures of their new shops on here makes me want to get to work on mine sooner than is possible (financially and weather-wize). ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

It wasen't my doing in having it this size ,  I was sortof stuck with the size ... Had an old building there and the only way to get a new one that was functional was to use the grandfather clause on the old building where I had to keep the same footing size .... But they aloud me to put the carport attachement to the building ... So I went as big as I could legaly with the size of carport .  18' x 36' x10' high , Have a by-law here that says I cant finish it more then 40% , So I figured that the back wall I would board up leaving a 5' x 7' door , then put stove wood in between the post on the outside walls and that will keep me outa the weather .....

Marcel

isawlogs

This is the gazebo I built for my daughter when she was about to get out of hospital a few years ago and that I got an honourable mention from woodmizer in there contest last year ... 8)

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!