iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A couple hours with Loggah

Started by shinnlinger, February 20, 2015, 09:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shinnlinger

Today, Mbunten and I made it over to spend some time with Loggah and Mrs Loggah too.  It was such a treat I hardly took any pics but it was great  to see the Lombards up close and in person even if it was only 4 degrees .   It was a real pleasure to listen to the knowledge and check out the collections.  Thanks for doing your part to preserve your knowledge for the next generation.

Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

POSTON WIDEHEAD

My compliments to the photographer. What a good time I'll bet Y'all had.
Really love the old chainsaws hanging up.....in fact, I love it all. A very nice place. :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

fishpharmer

The loggah, logging museum, nice. 8)
Thanks for showing us.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

coxy

nice thank for sharing     Loggah and the boss have the best collections I have seen

sandhills

That Loggah sure has a nice place, thanks for sharing the pictures!

customsawyer

You just know all of that stuff is sitting around telling stories about how hard they used to have to work. I think I heard one say something about how bad the winters used to be. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

terry f

Every time I see his collections it just amazes me, literally a museum.

drobertson

Had to be a good trip,  lots of history there,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

loggah

We  had a good visit, even tho it was cold,and everything outside was half burried in snow!!! ;D ;D  You guys will have to come back when you can actually see something!!I expect Canaan will have an increase in the axe and peavey population in the near future! ;D ;D stop back anytime.Thanks for the chicken! Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

WDH

Loggah, that is truly spectacular  8).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Weekend_Sawyer

Wow, Impressive collection, and everything looks so well organized! I have a lot of old stuff but it's mostly in piles.  :D
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

loggah

Oh, its not that well organized,plenty of piles all buried in the snow ! :)
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Bruno of NH

That's a nice looking building for your collection !
I'd like to see the big tractors some time .
Jim/Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

loggah

Jim,Come over this way when the snows gone,bring Sam with you,he knows where i am. Don

Bruno of NH

Don
I will take you up on that when this snow leaves us .
Is that a JCB backhoe I see in one of the pics ?
If so do you like it ? They look like a good machine .
Jim /Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

loggah

Jim,Its a JCB 214s series 3, 2000 year,i only have 650 hrs on it!!! Its a good rugged machine ,4 wheel drive 4 wheel steer, i like it a lot,just dont use it much. :D

thecfarm

A couple hours would be way to short to spend with loggah.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

loggah

The guys were here for about 4 1/2 hrs,just goes by  so quickly it only seemed like a couple hours! ;D

Magicman

That looked to be an enjoyable FF Friend visit.  Your collections are awesome Don. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

gspren

I spent most of a day with Loggah about 2 years ago and he is a great host with mind boggling amounts of neat stuff to look at. His wife was also an interesting person that made my wife glad we detoured a bit for the visit. If we ever get anywhere near there again we will stop again.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Mbunten

My sincerest apologies for my late post, but I'd like to echo Shinnlinger's THANK YOU to Loggah and his wife for their hospitality (and EXCELLENT corn chowder!!!) Loggah has an amazing collection of logging tools, publications, and the like.  Thank you to he, and all the folks here for sharing their vast knowledge of both new and old life in the woods.

Matt
Carpenter, furniture and cabinet making. Maple sugaring, Christmas trees, seasonal firefighter and prescribed fire crew member, USDA Forest Service, NH-WMF

1970 JD350 with forestry package, JD 2038R with grapple and Igland 3501 winch. Stihl and Husky saws

WDH

Corn Chowder  ???  Now that could work. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

shinnlinger

And squash rolls with a slideshow by mrs Loggah on snowflakes and frozen bubbles... Dinner and a show!
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

Thank You Sponsors!