iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Time out stool.

Started by 21incher, February 20, 2015, 04:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

I made this as a Christmas present for a friend that babysits for several children that occasionally need some cooling off time. It is made from spalted maple and walnut. The 4 legs were biscuit jointed together and then reinforced with fillers. The timer was cut from a plastic kitchen timer and mounted in a stand so it can be placed on a counter to set the time for the crime.

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Grizzly

Does your local foster family association know about this? It would fit their program perfectly. Do you mind if I share the pics with our group up here? And I like the fine workmanship as well.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

drobertson

Purty, Purty, Purty!!!  Almost make me think them young'ns  would want to sit in it ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

beenthere

Is similar to back in the days when the offending child had to wear a dunce cap and sit in the corner.
But I thought such punishment went out of vogue long ago.

Nicely made stool and great woodworking skills.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

POSTON WIDEHEAD

$300.00

Now that is nice and I mean REALLY nice. One of a kind.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Need to make one for Poston.  It will need to be big and solid, though  :).  Goats are hard on stuff. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Shotgun

Quote from: WDH on February 20, 2015, 08:59:06 PM
Need to make one for Poston.  It will need to be big and solid, though  :).  Goats are hard on stuff.
And then there's the frequent need for it's use as well. Yeah, big and tough.
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

You gonna put me in TIME OUT in GEORGIA and make me eat LETTUCE SOAP?  smiley_dunce   :D :D :D

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

21incher

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 20, 2015, 09:19:07 PM

Go gonna put me in TIME OUT in GEORGIA and make me eat LETTUCE SOAP?  smiley_dunce   :D :D :D

I'll send the stool & lettuce down. WDH you are in charge of making the soap and setting the time.  smiley_dunce
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

WDH

That spalted maple sure is nice.  Where did you get it?

21incher

Quote from: WDH on February 21, 2015, 06:58:47 AM
That spalted maple sure is nice.  Where did you get it?
It came from a backyard tree that I took down a couple of years ago and then let it sit in my yard for a couple of years until I bought my mill. I don't know if it was spalted when it was dropped or if it got spalted from laying around, but I got a couple of nice spalted boards from the first 5 feet of the bottom log. I wish I could find more because it is almost gone.

WDH

Daniel (@GAmillworker) has a secret spalting recipe.  Maybe we can twist his arm.  The only spalting that I have done has been serendipitous  :-\.

Darrel

I asked my grandsons if I should make a stool like this for them and I was surprised by their answer. They both said yes. I like it the kids like it so this is one awesome piece of furniture!
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

thecfarm

That does look mighty nice.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dablack

Wow!  Nice stool.

When I was a kid, it was a spanking spoon, not a time out stool.  In fact I'm glad it was only a spoon.  Mom spanking me with that big stool would have REALLY hurt!

Austin
Building my own house in East TX

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: dablack on February 25, 2015, 09:36:39 AM
Wow!  Nice stool.
  Mom spanking me with that big stool would have REALLY hurt!

Austin

:) :) :)

21incher

Quote from: dablack on February 25, 2015, 09:36:39 AM
Wow!  Nice stool.

When I was a kid, it was a spanking spoon, not a time out stool.  In fact I'm glad it was only a spoon.  Mom spanking me with that big stool would have REALLY hurt!

Austin
I wish I had a timeout stool when I was young. It would have saved a couple of my moms broom handles.

Magicman

Yup, the stool would have been much less painful.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!