iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

S.C. Deer Hunting Laws may be changing.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, February 20, 2015, 12:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

fishpharmer

It will be interesting to see how that turns out. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

beenthere

If the SC Senator just wants bigger bucks that he can shoot at while he is out hunting, then just put a size limit on the bucks that can be harvested.
Otherwise, such law changes seem to be for all the wrong reasons. IMO

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

drobertson

Quote from: beenthere on February 20, 2015, 04:03:41 PM
If the SC Senator just wants bigger bucks that he can shoot at while he is out hunting, then just put a size limit on the bucks that can be harvested.
Otherwise, such law changes seem to be for all the wrong reasons. IMO
I have to agree here with this, it sounds like the expectation is that folks will automatically pass on smaller bucks and wait for the mature ones, not convinced this would happen state wide.  Having a size/point limit, such as 4 to the side would seemingly accomplish the goal for more mature bucks. I have several friends down that way, they look for the big ones, but if it's brown it's down, and move on to the next, very liberal on harvest rates in S.C 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

whiskers

There's no shortage of deer in SC large and small, there's a shortage of selfless politicians in all sizes.  Those in government with the gall to call themselves servants of the people really, well you know where I was going.....
many irons in the fire.........

POSTON WIDEHEAD

These new laws, whether a good deal or bad deal for he honest hunter......will not affect the Redneck law breaking hunter.
Working in the Forest, we come across so many dead Deer, carcasses of all kinds....knowing they were killed illegally.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

terry f

What kind of deer kills would be illegal? With no limit or even tags needed, how is there even a deer left in the state. I couldn't imagine eating that much venison in a year, or cleaning (gutting) that many deer. Predators must be the only thing missing in the crazy deer numbers in the south, because if California or Oregon had your seasons, they would be extinct in no time.

Thank You Sponsors!