Check out our Legs!

Started by Tam-i-am, February 20, 2015, 09:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

Kevin will be in Somerset, NJ at the Woodworking Show this weekend.  He will be sharing a space with WoodMizer.

Here's a link for details.  http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com/webapp-shows/Somerset

Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

beenthere

Tammy

Checked out, and the beautiful Alissa-legs arrived today. They look great, and look forward to get them under this walnut slab.  Finished pics forthcoming.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

BT,

Put some winding sticks across the upside down legs to see if you need a shim so that the legs sit perfect on the floor with no wobble.  Of course, all your slabs are probably flat  :).  Mine are not  :) :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

beenthere

WDH
Thanks for the reminder.
I just did that, and I have to add a 1mm shim to one leg to get it perfect to my eye using 4' sticks.
An old CD disc was a bit too much, and it was 1.1mm. 

Maybe I just need to add a coat of paint to the leg on that end, and sand the other end lightly..  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

On the three that I have made, I had to shim about 1/4" on all three.  Georgia slabs must be more kinky than Wisconsin slabs :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

beenthere

This one is a walnut slab that I bought in 1964 with the intentions of making a coffee table, but could never decide on the right legs for it. So it was relegated to stand up against the wall behind the piano.
Never figured it would even stay flat, let alone not twisted.
Anxious to get the Alissa legs attached and place it in our great room. We think they are the right legs for this slab.
Hope it likes its new home as good as 50+ years behind the piano. ;)
south central Wisconsin

WDH

You have a very patient slab. 

beenthere

Finally found the time to re-oil the slab, and getting ready to mount the new legs. Used 400 wet/dry paper to give it a smooth oiled finish.

south central Wisconsin

Hilltop366

Now you can say   "See I told you I would get to it when I have time" ;D

WDH

Wow.  That is one of the most gorgeous walnut slabs that I have ever seen.  The oil finish is perfect. 

Tam-i-am

Looking good.  I can't wait to see it with the legs!
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Magicman

That slab is popping.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman