iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

All "Chained up" now!

Started by ForestFox, February 20, 2015, 07:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForestFox

Just wanted to share a good deal on chains available right now! Mind you I have zero to gain by saying this. I needed a set of chains for my TJ because I was not getting around good with just my worn out bear paws on the front. My tire size is 16.9/30 and I found Single diamonds with boron steel from a place in Maine who makes them for only $1130 for the pair with free delivery. I either spend the money or get nothing done as the winter is one where the conditions are my master right now. They have free delivery for skidder chains right now. Here is a link and I hope it helps anyone else in need. Cheapest price I found anywhere!
http://www.tirechainsrequired.com/
TJ225,MF481 wLoader, JD792, MF1080, Husky 2100's,285XP,576XP,261,

mjeselskis

I just ordered a set of 1/2" single diamond studded chains in 16.9x30 from them last week. The 1/2" is even cheaper, only $750 and they are close enough that I can go pick them up. Should be ready. next week. Looking forward to the added traction.
2006 WM LT28  1993 John Deere 5300
Husqvarna 562XP & 365 X-Torq

David-L

Excellent chains, thats what I run on the back of the 225TJ.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

ForestFox

Didn't know they offered the 1/2". That is an even better deal. mine will be 9/16". I think though that they incorporate the shipping in the online price and gave you an extra discount for picking them up yourself. Not certain of this but it would not surprise me. Hindsight is 20/20 but they are still the cheapest and I am buying American! $750 is dirt cheap, good for you!

lumberjack48

I payed that 30 yrs ago, what a deal. I ran 9/16 bear paws year round, they lasted 3 yrs.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Ron Scott

Chains are certainly needed to get anything done, the difference between working and not working, especially where hills are involved..
~Ron

Farmer Jim

Glad to see satisfied customers from there as I need a set of the 1/2" Diamond stud chains for 18.4-30 farm tractor/log skidder tires.  I tried to modify my ring chains and still can't get where I need to.  Thought they would be easy to weld a set together if I bought bulk chain, but for the price of enough chain plus my labor I'm just going to get a set from tire chains required.
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."  J.B.Books

ForestFox

Happy to share a good deal. I ordered this past Monday morning 02/16/15 and asked if they could speed the current 2 week wait. I told the salesman that I was done till I quit spinning my wheels, literally. LOL  I got a call from the shipper today Friday the 20th and they will be delivered on Monday March 2nd. AMAZING! Who says AMERICA and Americans can't get the job done? Very pleased with these guys service and price!

logman81

I bought a few sets of single diamond from them, good chains and great people to deal with.
Precision Firewood & Logging

lirachamo51

same place i bought my chains for my tractor,front and back good people to deal with 3yrs ago !
Randy

ehp

I just bought a set of Trygg single ice chains in 5/8's for my skidder but I paid more than what you guys are paying , mine was $2200 plus tax but quite happy with them, I find on my sandy frozen ground I get around pretty good with them and the ride is pretty smooth

mjeselskis

Picked up my chains this week and put them on today. They look really well done and very well built. They are a little big since the tires aren't new, so there is a little slack. They work pretty well, but the machine still has to chew its way through the snow since it is so mealy.

Ed_K

Count your side links,if there's 3 then 4 between the crossovers pull the 4s together and use a clevis there. The more you can tighten the sides the more the diamond opens and better traction.
Ed K

mjeselskis

Thanks for the tip. I'll give that a try. The center where the diamonds are terminate in a big ring on each end. I have a clevis holding those rings together but the centers are still loose. Maybe if I get the side chains tighter, the diamonds will shrink lengthwise and it will fit better?

ehp

I know I'm sure glad I got new chains  with this sugar snow I would not be moving at all in the bush

ForestFox

The instructions that came with mine said to get the centers with the rings tight first. The rings are only made to tighten and can come off, they are more or less temporary in nature unless you are short. Then tighten the side circles. The inside first as that is harder to get to, then the outside circle. Next and last the cross link chains. I used a tip I learned on the Forestry forum and they taught me that a 48' Farm jack can be reworked into a great and cheap chain tightener. Mine cost $59. I cut off about a 14-16 inches off the length then cut off the base and the jack lift surface flat to the racheting lever. Then I welded the cut links on the end of jack and on the ratchet lever so it tightens the chain. Mine are drum tight. I will post some pics later tonight.

Jeff

Did any of you bother to check with Forum Sponsor Comstock Logging Supplies?  I don't know if they are cheaper or not, but it sure would be nice to see some support given to sponsors when you can.  The sponsors go away, the forum goes away.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Brokermike

Jeff

I didn't see chains on their site at all. I still need fronts if you've got a link to share or if anybody else does
Don't Jersey Vermont

ForestFox

Jeff, actually I did check them weeks ago. I was looking for "Skidder Chains" I pulled a search off of this website's Banner ad and it showed nothing, only Chain saw chains! I searched for choker chains also and their search box came up empty. I searched under Logging supplies!
Maybe online they don't list this kind of stuff? I have done business with these folks before though, I believe I they were out of Fort Ann NY way back when. Now I see they are out of Dolgeville NY, close to me! Why did a search not show they sold heavy logging supplies?

ForestFox

Pictures, Left, Right and something to get them tight! I used the cut out extra links and they work great. They are hardened Boron steel and don't bend like the 1/2 Cold Shuts I tried using first! My welding skills are first grade but it sticks!

Jeff

I have mentioned several times on the forum to call our sponsors. Yes they sell skidder chains, and no they don't have them on their website. Same thing goes with Chainsawr for his sort of parts as well as menoninee saw. And if they don't have the things you need, odds are they can get it, and at least they know that the forum is giving them a chance at making a sale or helping our members.  If you guys never go farther than a visit to a website in your searches, and give our sponsors a shot we all miss out. They all have phone numbers.  I can tell you most of the parts and supply type sponsors don't list anywhere near of that they offer.  I can also bet that the for mentioned business never calls us up and thanks us for the free plugs that YOUR Forestry Forum sponsors allowed you to post.

At least now you can't say you didn't know. ;)

ForestFox

Understood, and I do not begrudge anyone trying to make an honest living in today's world! I certainly will include Comstock in the equation for future needs. I will say this though, it is incumbent on a SELLER to reach his market and not vise versa. If you care to incur the cost of a polygraph in my locale, I would be eager to take same to prove the veracity of my statement concerning whether I checked your advertiser when I said I did. (BEFORE I MADE A PURCHASE) If I fail, I'll pay for it! If you care to make a side bet, I would certainly entertain that also. Consider this a binding offer for one week from the date of this post. I do my homework, I prefer not to do someone else's. I CHOOSE to log, I do not have to. I have a BS in Business Economics, and am well versed in what constitutes an offer and acceptance. I hope this ends any question about the statements I have made to you Jeff.

Jeff

tj240

comstock does sell tire chains and i bet will match anyones price. my boss just bought a set of 3/4 multi ring and the price matched tcr. dick is great to deal with and wont bone you ,and he does deliver. tcr if you order on line you pay more. if you call the number you might be in their zone? so you get a better deal. call comstock i be he will meet or beat the price!!! i have dealt with them, if they dont have it they will get it!!
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

coxy

Quote from: tj240 on March 02, 2015, 09:11:51 PM
comstock does sell tire chains and i bet will match anyones price. my boss just bought a set of 3/4 multi ring and the price matched tcr. dick is great to deal with and wont bone you ,and he does deliver. tcr if you order on line you pay more. if you call the number you might be in their zone? so you get a better deal. call comstock i be he will meet or beat the price!!! i have dealt with them, if they dont have it they will get it!!
x2

Thank You Sponsors!