Sponsors:

Daytona 500 2015

Started by WmFritz, February 19, 2015, 02:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WmFritz

The 'Bud Duel' is tonight.
Duel 1 is scheduled for 7:22 p.m. on Fox Sports 1
Duel 2 is at 9:00 p.m.

I read an article this morning in USA Today on the 88's new Crew Chief. His name is Greg Ives; a Yooper from Bark River, Michigan. He's a graduate from Michigan Technological University, the same school some of our fine members are from. What struck me about this man is his focus and determination. The article stated he put himself through college without a single loan. At one point, he was taking 18 credit hours and repairing UPS trucks from 7:00 p.m. until 4:00 a.m.
Like most Yooper's, Greg is a Packer fan, but I won't hold that against him. I look forward to watching him on the Pit Box this season.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

pabst79

Thanks for the info on 88's new crew chief, he did a heck of a job for Chase Elliot last year. This season should be interesting. Oh and Go Pack!  ;D ;D 8)
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

Bruno of NH

He worked on Jimmie Js crew when they won back to back cups.
It should work well for Jr.
Jim/Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

WmFritz

~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

E fan

Pullin for Jr
Wish Mark was still in it

Worked for and lived next to Julian before he was killed in the plane out in Arizona

clww

Getting the green flag for race #1 right now! move_it :new_year:
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

E fan

Five laps an ol june bug is cut it in half now in the top 10 easy  8)

E fan

clww

Second duel in about five minutes. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

jmouton

i am such a hugh   dale sr fan ,  and dale jr fan now  ,,,,  i named  my son dale ,,  after sr ,  he is 11 now ,   just thought i ,d  share that to  y all   

happy jr won the first  duel ,  and hopefully the 500 too

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

WmFritz

Some nice thoughts Jr. had to say about his father on the anniversary of his death...

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/02/dale-earnhardt-jr-father-daytona-500
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

dgdrls

All is right, the Wood Brothers are in.
Ryan Blaney did a great job, 

Best
DGDrls

WmFritz

Quote from: dgdrls on February 19, 2015, 10:45:07 PM
All is right, the Wood Brothers are in.
Ryan Blaney did a great job, 

Best
DGDrls

I was rooting for the #21 car too. Glad they made the field.

65 years I think I heard Waltrip say.  WOW!
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

DanG

Hendricks cars are bad fast this week!!  Top 3 starting spots for the 500, won both Duels, and 3 fastest in today's practice.  I guess they need to put chain hooks on Kasey's #5 car so Junebug can drag him around.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

WmFritz

That was some driving from Jr. starting dead last, moving up through the field and winning.

But that 2nd Duel was fun too. At least it was for the #48 holding off the Gibbs team all alone. And then seeing Danica charged up after #11 wrecked her... again.

Setting up to be a great 500.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

E fan

Mark Martin .....sure miss seeing him out there but he is on the list of 20 to be concidered for the HoF this year 8)

I look for someone to take out Denny sometime sunday as a notation of NOT to mess with my girl

clww

Watching the Truck Series race now.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

beenthere

D.Patrick seems to be a whiner. Wants to be left alone in a race, which just ain't racing, near as I can tell.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DanG

It seems that NASCAR is fresh out of Busches. How weird is that?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Roger2561

It seems that NASCAR has learned what NOT to do when dealing with domestic violence from the watching the NFL (Ray Rice) debacle.  Roger   
Roger

E fan

Kurt should have been gone long ago with his anger issues from his past . I see ol man Haas being told by Stewart I told you so after saying they didn't have the money for four cars let alone three so Newman got the boot then along comes Haas saying I'll pay for the outlaws team as Danica comes on board

Kyle I can say I really don't dislike him but I do like him for being a wheel guy and can certainly drive a car

Roger2561

You got that right, E.Fan; Kyle is one heck of a wheel man, but if he would just grow up... perhaps when his child is born he may change...  Roger
Roger

Roger2561

Oh, I saw on the sports news this morning that Kyle is out indefinitely due to breaking his leg and foot in  yesterday's Nationwide race.  Roger
Roger

Mooseherder

Was yesterday's race on TV?
My dvr didn't pick it up. :(

Thank You Sponsors!