iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Job number six

Started by slider, February 17, 2015, 07:43:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

A while back Jmiller and I purchased a bucket truck to see if we could expand on the sawing business that I am already doing.These are pics of our sixth job.This oak was 72 in dba and between two houses.All that is left is 10 ft of trunk that i have to split so i can load it.I figure it weighs close to 9000 lbs.

al glenn

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

NWP

I assume you're charging normal tree removal prices and not just removing trees for the wood?
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

brendonv

Ford looks good.

Can i make a suggestion?  No stubs!  When doing aerial work, stubs or long branches left can and will bite you in the butt. Unless they are part of the rigging plan to isolate ropes, cut them at the trunk and get them out of there. Ricochet, from say, something as small as the wedge cut out of your face cut can quicly ruin a day. Think glass or windows.  ;D
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

chet

Quote from: brendonv on February 17, 2015, 08:41:28 AM
Ford looks good.

Can i make a suggestion?  No stubs!  When doing aerial work, stubs or long branches left can and will bite you in the butt. Unless they are part of the rigging plan to isolate ropes, cut them at the trunk and get them out of there. Ricochet, from say, something as small as the wedge cut out of your face cut can quicly ruin a day. Think glass or windows.  ;D

not ta mention having ta fight ropes that get wound up on them, or the branches stuck in them on the way down.  >:(
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

brendonv

"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

julio

If you put your finger in your ear and scratch, it sounds like PacMan.

slider

Thanks for the suggestions.That's what we are hoping for.Any tips to keep us safe and more productive is well taken.You are so right about the stubs.Lots of hangups.
NWP you can bet we are not working for free wood.Way too much work in this for that.I don't even saw on half's much anymore.
Danny she is solid right to the ground.Now come on down and help me split this tooth pick.I would ask Jake but his day job keeps him too busy these days.
Julio I will pass that compliment on to miss Vickie.Boy aint you the sugar mouth.I can tell who you have been hanging out with.
al glenn

Woodhauler

See the iron stain in the notch????
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Nomad

Al, you should forget about splitting that stick and start saying "Lucas."  Or maybe "Peterson."
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

WDH

I know a guy in Jacksonville that has a Lucas  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

jmiller

I have learned quick to cut to the trunk as soon as I make sure I don't need that point to rig to.  We have a lot of learning to do, but we work safe at every step.

Thanks for the help along the way folks. 
Jason Miller

customsawyer

Get that guy out of Jacksonville. I hear he has a truck and isn't afraid to use it.  ;D
Get that log loaded up and take it to Danny. He can cut it up on that LT15.
Good job on getting that one on the ground.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

slider

Danny I think I have heard of that guy from Jacksonville.But he is too far away.
al glenn

Magicman

Wow, you stood it back up ta take da "Vickie picture".   :o

It's good to see that the "new" truck is working out.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Weekend_Sawyer

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Nomad

Quote from: slider on February 18, 2015, 07:34:12 AM
Danny I think I have heard of that guy from Jacksonville.But he is too far away.

Ya never know, Al.  I ain't been on a road trip in awhile now. ;D
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

WDH

Al,

You better hide the pretty girl. 

slider

Danny I'm probably going to hide  if she sees her picture on here.
Lynn the truck has been great so far.One small leak to fix on an out rigger so far so good
I got the trunk split in one place yesterday but it's probably going to take one more cut to lift it.
Like Bill said ,you need a slabber.
al glenn

WDH

Just tell her I said, "What tree ???".   ;D

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: slider on February 17, 2015, 07:43:03 AM

Log's been Bibbied before hitting the ground!  :D :D 8) 8)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

slider

yes sir 72 in base 32 in bar working with what we have.
al glenn

slider

Job number 53.We are still plugging away.It's been 5 months and J Miller and i are rocking right along.We work weekends due to his job here which he enjoys and i can saw during the week.Today was just a bit different .We got a call on from someone with an antenna over a house.It was a 70 ft free standing tripod that was rotten on one leg between the house and the car port.We put a rope in it at 50 ft, took a sawsall and clipped the bad leg and dropped it right in the landing zone.You just never know what's coming next when the phone rings. By the way the insurance company gave the go ahead .
al glenn

WDH

I am waiting on a load of walnut.  From you  ;D. 

slider

Sorry danny all I have is pine ,pecan and oak.
al glenn

Thank You Sponsors!