iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Birthday present for my grandson.

Started by 21incher, February 16, 2015, 08:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

here are some pics of a birthday gift I made for my grandson. It is a foldable town for him to play with his matchbox cars in. I got the idea when he came over and we took some cardboard to make a town that he played with for hours

It is a 2 ft x 3 ft box that opens to 3 ft x 4 ft made of walnut and plywood that has roads painted on it to resemble a town. The buildings are all made of wood scraps. It has a residential section, Mall, Zoo, Airport, School, and other buildings.

The buildings are bare wood and he can paint them over time. As a mater of fact there are even more buildings in it now that he helped me make after he received it

Everything can be laid flat so he can fold it up to transport or store it.

He and his younger brother love it. I made up business cards with his picture on them saying he was the mayor, and also made up a blank book for him to record the rules, laws, taxes, census data and anything else required to run his city. He loves it and has a great imagination after listening him play with it and seeing the rules he has started making up. 

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Bill Gaiche

That is really cool. You may be contacted by several people to make them one. All I can say is $300.00. bg

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

The best thing is,his GrandFather made it. Good idea.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

yukon cornelius

great idea! I bet that will be cherished for a long time.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

clww

A great gift you made for him. I'm sure it will become a family keepsake. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

21incher

I found a pic of the cardboard version we made that gave me the final idea.

The way I see it, when the kids will put down a Nintendo DS to play with a toy it is a winner.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

drobertson

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

curdog

Wow, that's really cool.  He'll definitely cherish that for a long time. I've got some woodworking projects that my grandads made through the years and even though they are simple, I love them and keep them front and center on my bookshelve.

mesquite buckeye

I'm thinking that will be something for THEIR grandkids to fight over. Hey kids, great great grandpa made this for me when I was your age.....

;D ;D ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

giant splinter

Very well done, looks like it will last a long time and I agree ...... The bridge idea is a winner.
roll with it

Jemclimber

Very nice idea.  You've got a lot of creative projects that are a joy to see.
lt15

Just Me

You are the man! Well, You are the Grandpa!

CHARLIE

Very nice and a fine idea too. I'm sure it will become an heirloom and passed on to his children. Two thumbs up! 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Thank You Sponsors!