iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

HAting to go haul today!!

Started by Woodhauler, February 16, 2015, 06:28:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

BELOW zero and howling wind!!!!!!  Really don't want to do it but need to!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Woodhauler

Just went out side, NO FREAKING WAY AM I GOING TO PERCH UP ON THAT LOADER TODAY!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

ForestFox

Hey, you made the effort. Sometimes it is just better to pull in the horns and wait for a break in the weather. Metal fatigue and all you might just have saved yourself some $! It is -13 actual in NY here and I would not start my skidder in this weather because of fear of costly breakdowns, age has taught me that. Not to mention my finger tip freeze up and torture me the rest of the time I'm out. Been there done that!

TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY!
TJ225,MF481 wLoader, JD792, MF1080, Husky 2100's,285XP,576XP,261,

rockwall

Good for you! Who knows what could happen in this freezing wind!

xalexjx

i had -21 at 6 this morning and the wind was blowing, ill clean the garage and stay warm
Logging and Processed Firewood

HiTech

I have -24 this morning. Not going to the woods. It is too hard on equipment and this old body. lol Woodhauler, perched on that loader you can figure it is 10 to 20 degrees colder up there. People have no idea what cold is till they get up on one of those on a windy, cold day. I shiver just thinking about it. lol

xalexjx

these are the days you wish you were driving a chip trailer and working road side so you dont have to mess with chains
Logging and Processed Firewood

sawguy21

I agree, shut 'er down and call it a day. You won't be productive, you risk equipment failure and you put yourself at risk. I have worked in those conditions, don't envy you one bit.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Up here in southwest nova Scotia our loft rucksack are parked.  Couldn't go anywhere even if we wanted to
getting really tired of pushing snow

James Arsenault

Small breakdown keeping me off the skidder today. Universal joint gave way, upon taking the yoke apart I found the yoke too worn to simply replace the joint. So I'm waiting for the new yoke to be shipped.

Usually I'd be in chopping in anticipation of being back up and running. Not today.

thecfarm

I'm inside just checking out the FF. I might go out this afternoon to dig some wood out. Depends on that wind!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Corley5

5 degrees and no wind here.  I just got back from turning on the ProHeat in the harvester.   Guess I'll give it go in couple hours.  Supposed to top out at 13 today.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Maine logger88

I went to the lot and worked a few hours and said screw it I got sick of fighting the wind.
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

1270d

You need one of these.   sure be mighty nice on cold days, and hot days, nice days leave the door open.  Heated and A/C.

deastman

What you need Woodhauler is one of those heated, fold up cabs for your loader! I cut with the processor today way in the back of the block and kept my fingers crossed that I wouldnt have any breakdowns that would require long walks out too the truck and back. Luckily everything went good today.  Got out at lunch and greased the head and the wind was brutal.
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

Firewoodjoe

I hauled. It's deff. not fun but just don't exspect a lot and go easy. And bundle up lol. Hauled two loads that's 100 more ton in there pile.

luvmexfood

I have days similiar when the weather is bad. I call it the BIG problem. Just can't get my BUTT IN GEAR.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Firewoodjoe

-11 tonight and -24 tomorrow. I'm leaving the truck run. I'm 5,000 pounds heavy of snow lol 😁

Thank You Sponsors!