iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Western Potatoes

Started by lowpolyjoe, February 15, 2015, 07:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowpolyjoe

There's a fast food chain near me that makes some delicious and fairly healthy stuff.   I'm starting a campaign to recreate some of their food at home.  One of their best side dishes is Western Potatoes, which is something I had never even heard of until I had it there.  I found this recipe online:

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/western-potatoes

I quickly read the ingredients and went to the store.  I didn't realize I was supposed to buy a can of chilies - I thought it just said 'chopped chilies'.  I ended up buying a bunch of fresh jalapeƱos - I used 2 large ones for this cook along with 1 mediums sized red pepper.   I also used some healthier butter and low fat cheese to try to keep it healthy.

Results were very good, but spicier than intended.  I didn't mind, but my wife was not happy because they smelled really good  but she couldn't eat em because of the spices.  Next time i'll tone down the peppers and hot sauce.  But overall I'm glad I gave it a shot.  Would love to hear alternate recipes  :)

pabst79

Looks good, it would be even better if it would appear in my kitchen!  :D
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I can't eat that spice food either Joe. Its rough on the 4 chambers of my belly.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

drobertson

That looks like a great dish, one that would warm the soul ;D   going to give that one a go, thanks for sharing,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

sawguy21

I bet those are good, I like spicy food. My wife will eat some spice but not at the level I like. She got carried way making chili last week, I am eating it alone. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Mmmm, potatoes, peppers and butter, what the heck is any better?  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Texas Ranger

A rare steak alongside.  8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

rooster 58

Ditto on the steak. Medium rare please ;)

Weekend_Sawyer

Sounds really good, doesn't sound like diet food tho  ;D
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

lowpolyjoe

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on February 16, 2015, 04:34:32 PM
Sounds really good, doesn't sound like diet food tho  ;D

Yeah -  I guess it's not a low calorie food  :D.  I'm aiming for high protein + healthy carbohydrates with low sugar sort of diet.

This side dish is delicious when reheated.  I made some turkey meatballs and grilled chicken, chopped them up and threw them in a wrap with a little low fat mozzarella cheese.  Pretty good stuff  8)

Weekend_Sawyer

That looks tasty, tasty, tasty   8)
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Thank You Sponsors!