iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Saw

Started by David-L, February 11, 2015, 07:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Quote from: David-L on February 17, 2015, 06:53:16 AM
I I bought many new saws from him and don't have one tank of fuel through this one and it has  problems.  he said he will get to it when he can

I quoted what I felt was important. Yes,he's busy with snow blowers,but how many snow blowers has he sold to the same person? I know you are not the only fish in the ocean,but buying saws from him before should put you in front of someone that is a first time customer.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

David-L

Update, Called the shop at noon and he said the ignition module was bad( intermittent ). He ordered one yesterday and called at 5 tonight to say saw is ready for pickup. So all those things I said in prior posts are true. He dealt with it and although unfortunate for both of us that it was a new saw he did what he had to. I will admit I had a few heated words at noon with him but worked through it and hope the outcome is good with the problem hopefully being solved for this round.
On another note I heard another issue with this saw prior to 2014 April was fuel lines coming off the barbed ends in the fuel circuit. The fix was some type of locktite or something similar. Opened up my landing today and had to plow the hill on my skid road cause there was no way the 225 Jack was going to get up that one pulling a hitch without biting ground and not mealy snow. that hill is 800ft long and the snow was 3 plus feet. No storms in site for plowing, so back in the woods for a bit. Thanks for all the input Forum Members, It did help.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

fordf150

There were some reported problems about the lines coming off but not widespread issues. i havent seen it on any of the ones i sold and only heard of a couple from other dealers. 

Andyshine77

I believe the fuel line issue was on the 350/351 420/421 models. A small o-ring on the end of the fuel line added a little pressure preventing the line from falling off. I haven't yet heard of any issues with the fuel line on the 6100.

If it wasn't fixed quickly, I would have asked for my money back, or a new saw. Glad everything worked out in the end.  8)
Andre.

David-L

Got the saw and ran it limbing all day. Can feel the weight difference from the 7900 and it went real good. Seems to sip the fuel. I like the push down off , very convenient. After a bad start, hope it keeps running like it did today.

David-L

Well, need to back up again. The fuel line from the tank keeps falling off and the saw dies. Told  this after putting it on three times with hemostats to the dealer yesterday late and he said there is no service bulletin on that issue. well I talked to a parts distributor in castleton, ny and he said that is a problem on the 6100 if the saw was built before 2014 April. My dealer finally got news from Dolmar that there is that issue and a few more that he is resolving.
If you have a Dolmar 6100 that has a production date of April 2014 or before, I would suggest having your dealer fix these small but pain in the butt issues. He talked about gluing the fuel hose to the barbed fitting and drilling out the air cleaner to accommodate more room for the hose. can't believe the issues I am having with this Dolmar from the start. I am seriously hoping this fixes it or else its for sale. Never had any issues with the 7900's.

Andyshine77

Sounds like the same issue the 421's had, and it sounds like the same O-ring fix should work. Sorry you're having all these issues, as the 6100 really looks like a nice saw.
Andre.

fordf150

That is what i was talking about. There is a fix for it all and it isnt posted on the Dolmar support site. I have talked to them about getting it posted. It is not widespread though as i have sold a bunch of those saws and have yet to see the problem show up. Same problem exists on the 351/421 but have only seen it on my personal saw and did preventative fixes on a few others. here is the fix we came up with on the ones we sold. HBNR o-ring for A/C lines. holds up to fuel nicely and are cheap/readily available

Maine logger88

I got board today and bought a new saw today too!

79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

David-L

Hows it going up there Mainelogger88. Nice saw. Hope you have good luck with it.
This thread was not a hit on Dolmars as I have had a few and like them alot., what I am hearing and experiencing is it sounds like the people at Dolmar USA corporate or whoever they are need to get (admin edit, disguised off color language) and get service bulletins out to viable dealers as not to loose there customers.

Maine logger88

Thanks! It's not going to badly tired of dealing with snow but other than that things are good! How about you

David-L

Saw seems to be running good. Fuel lines and barbed fiittings changed. I need to adjust the high and can't seem to see what tool it is. It's not splined,D, or double D, or pac man. Looks like some kind of small splined , smaller than the one I have. Anyone know which one it is? Thanks David.

HolmenTree

Dave I can't help you with the screwdriver but I can comment on your picture of that Sachs Dolmar rotary Wankel saw.
About 25 years ago a local saw dealer had one brand new that he hung onto since the mid  1970's.  He wanted $500 for it and I didn't bother even negotiating.
Sure wish I did now
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

fordf150

DD on the 6100 for carb adjustments

chainsawr

Quote from: David-L on March 04, 2015, 09:27:35 AM
Saw seems to be running good. Fuel lines and barbed fiittings changed. I need to adjust the high and can't seem to see what tool it is. It's not splined,D, or double D, or pac man. Looks like some kind of small splined , smaller than the one I have. Anyone know which one it is? Thanks David.

The fuel line issue really only crops up in areas like here where it is VERY cold.   We have sold lots, and lots of 6100s and run into all the problems you've had many times under warranty.  (you are not crazy, you are not alone).

If the carb absolutely will not straighten out no matter what you or the dealer do, you need a new carb under warranty. 

Fortunately, with the saws after that 2014 production date Dolmar has straightened out these issues.

Between the carb, coil, and fuel lines you have hit all the problem spots and if you can stick with it until the carb is resolved I think you can rest easy on not running into any more problems.  You'll have done it the hard way but in the end you'll have a powerful, comfortable, nice saw.   Do not put it under the tire of that 225!
www.chainsawr.com

Over 50,000 parts in stock.

Selling excellent Dolmar chainsaws and power equipment.

High volume Oregon bar and chain dealer.

David-L

Was limbing yesterday and the saw went south again. It is now a parts saw as it went under the tire and is now in pieces. That is a done deal, how many times does one have to go back to the dealer with a new saw when you need to be in the woods cutting making a paycheck. This has been nothing but a waste of time for me. That was the worst $534.00 American dollars I have ever spent. After four trips back to the dealer in a couple weeks time that was all I could take. Not impressed Dolmar.

JohnG28

Might have gotten some $ out of it if in one piece!  ::)
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

vinc5d

So...David I assume you will be getting another newer dolmar? Since you now have a parts one! just curious, the saw seemed to be a lemon....IMO

vinc5d
Echo Timberwolf 590, poulan 3314

Andyshine77

What actually happened? Yes by this point I'd want a new saw or my money back. I had similar issues with the early 5100's they were useless until all the bugs were worked out. All of my other Dolmar's have been perfect. Every manufacture has issues, the 661 was released than recalled, and as of now looks to be having some QC issues, the 562xp has had a rough going.   
Andre.

David-L

The saw is in peices, I will stick with a 7910 if I go with another Dolmar when my cuurent one is tired. The dealer tried to get it right but it wasn't soon enough. Wish he had just offered me a newer 6100 instead of trying to deal with the one that seemed to be a lemon. This saw had bad karma all over it, probably why I forgot about it on my rear tire that day. Most likely will replace that with a Johnny 2260. Lets just say I was not a happy camper that day.

JohnG28

I was under the impression the tire was on purpose!  :D
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Maine logger88

A 2260 is a nice saw I have used Several good power light and fast throttle response the only reason I buy 562s over the 2260 is the large mount vs small mount bar thing

Andyshine77

David I wasn't sure if you were serous or just that feed up with the saw. :)

Be careful if and when you buy a 2260, make sure it's a newer saw with the EL48 carb, the most troublesome carb on the 2260/562 is said to be the EL46.   
Andre.

Maine logger88

X2 the EL46 on my first 562 was decent after I trimmed the metering spring but my new one with the EL48 runs better than my old right out of the box.

David-L

Last Husky I ran and bought a few were the 266 models. That was some time ago, early 90's. wish I had kept them all now. Maybe I will get a husky on this next round of 60cc saw.
Still not sure why my dealer said there were no service bulletins out on the 6100 when I brought it back multiple times!!!!

Thank You Sponsors!