iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Little League

Started by Den Socling, February 11, 2015, 05:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den Socling

It's a rotten shame that adults have put these kids in such a heartbreaking situation. How could they? Didn't they know they would get caught? Even if they weren't caught, how could they live with themselves?

red oaks lumber

sadly in todays society, it seems that cheating is ok ;) when we use to race snowmobiles the class that always had cheating was the 6-10 yr old. really? your kid is only worthy if they are percieved as winners. :)how sad for sure
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

beenthere

Quotethat adults have put these kids in such a heartbreaking situation.

Is there a news story attached to this?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Shotgun

Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Den Socling

drobertson

yes it is a shame, and I can only believe that politics once again are involved.   At least is was not an age issue but rather some kind of geographic issue, which in my mind if these young men were from Chicago,  regardless of proximity to the center line to the south side.  just my thoughts, this thread will most likely be blocked,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

beenthere

Thanks
Get my news from FF, (mostly) and the OP here was kinda outta the blue.   ;D

It is the old Chicago way of doing "bisdness".  'nuff said.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Den Socling

Parents say the vetting process for players is intense. It looks to me like adults deliberately broke the rules. Why would this thread be blocked or moved to restricted topics?

Jeff

Why? Because some pepole can't help from getting political. As soon as that happens a topic is doomed
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Den Socling

Got to admit that I'm in the dark. What is political about cheating in Little League? Some adults thought they could put together a better team by bringing in boys from outside their area. Disgusting, yes, but political? I surely don't want this thread to become political. I just thought others would be interested.

Jeff

Because it happened in Chicago. It's already been inferred. I'm not saying beenthere was, but he touched on what is sure to follow
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WmFritz

Cheating is prevalent in all sporting events. I think the majority of people are honest and want to set a good example for the kids and love of the game. A couple years ago, my kids in another state were acquainted with parents in a little league that bragged about 'cherry-picking' kids from other districts. The parents from the stacked team were quite wealthy and were manipulating addresses to bring in better players. I was happy to learn they never made it out of the state tournament.

On a more positive note, my son was on a 13-14 year old  PONY league team that qualified for that leagues World Series. What a fun summer. They tore through every team they played until they got to Pennsalvania. 

Once they got to the WS, they got beat by late night PlayStation games and a Chinese team that looked like they'd been shaving for three years.   ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

beenthere

running-doggy

running-doggy
south central Wisconsin

drobertson

I will say, we played ball with the kids when they were young, lots of traveling, and I've seen lots of bent rules. we played wearing t-shirts while teams from the big cities had corporate sponsors.  Being said we were competitive, but call did not always go our way, so one has to wonder?  was there money involved?  It really is an adult game with young men as the instruments.  Sad, because the youth are putting their hearts out there everyday.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Den Socling

Yes, drobertson, it's very sad. I don't understand how adults could do these things to the kids. There is no excuse. It's just plain rotten.

FayettesFinest

When I played little league, there were some teams that had more pull. Of course, they were filled with the wealthy and popular from the city. It's funny, as they all thought that little Johnny was going to start for the Yankees and the kid from our small farm/river town, who I turned double-plays with, got drafted by Arizona  :D. Even in high school, your name got you further than your talent. It's a shame that little league sports are turning into what 4H has become - it's an adult's game, you just have to have a child to play it.
A handful of junk saws and a junk F250

WmFritz

Even with some of the negative stuff that's dragged into youth sports, I still love watching LL games. I get my fix with a pack of grand boys ( and a couple granddaughters in softball).

Sometimes when I'm visiting my parents in the summer evenings, I swing by my old LL field, grab a hot dog from the concession stand and watch a game. Once in while I even catch somebody from my old neighborhood doing the same.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Thank You Sponsors!