iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Picked up a nice lot NOT on a posted road

Started by Woodhauler, February 11, 2015, 02:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Got 45 acres of planted red and white pine, plus another 60-70 acres of woodland! We thinned the pine in 1989, stuff is nice now! Going to cut 50% now! Allm the crap white pineand leave the log trees. Going to have the red pine marked for poles and see how many we need to cut after that!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

mad murdock

Congrats on that!! We always would try and have a "breakup job" line up each year so we had cash flow coming in during that time.  Depending on the year, sometimes the weight limits would take a long time to come off, and guys that couldn't get wood moved really had a tough time.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

HiTech

Hand cut red pine a couple times. In the winter it wasn't bad. The summer was terrible. lol Pitch all over everything. lol If you got some good poles they pay really well. Treat them with kid gloves. lol We sold all the small red pine to a place in Canada...above Quebec I think it was. They sent a tractor-trailor over and took all of the wood we had. It was 4 loads. They took down to 5 or 6 inches on the small end. Got around $1,100 to $1,200 a load for that stuff. I remember the truck that came for the poles had a special grapple on it so it wouldn't damage any of the poles. Wish I could cut poles everyday. lol Never in my life have I seen a tree that will bend like a red pine and not break. lol Some I know we bent like a U while pulling them out and they never broke. lol

deastman

Let me know when you want me to move the processor and forwarder in! :D
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

Warped

Quote from: HiTech on February 12, 2015, 09:59:39 AM
Hand cut red pine a couple times. In the winter it wasn't bad. The summer was terrible. lol Pitch all over everything. lol If you got some good poles they pay really well. Treat them with kid gloves. lol We sold all the small red pine to a place in Canada...above Quebec I think it was. They sent a tractor-trailor over and took all of the wood we had. It was 4 loads. They took down to 5 or 6 inches on the small end. Got around $1,100 to $1,200 a load for that stuff. I remember the truck that came for the poles had a special grapple on it so it wouldn't damage any of the poles. Wish I could cut poles everyday. lol Never in my life have I seen a tree that will bend like a red pine and not break. lol Some I know we bent like a U while pulling them out and they never broke. lol
I'd be curious to know what is "really well" for good red pine poles and how big of a load brought $1,200? Also what length did they desire?
I looked into selling some but haven't been able to find out much. Doesn't seem many loggers locally deal with pole stock and had little information. I see you're in upstate and if you knew of any pole buyers. Thanks for any info you can provide, it's very appreciated.
Good with the rough stuff and rough with the good stuff

tj240

3b timber in booneville, ny buys poles and pays decent. they will even come and mark them so you know what lenght to cut them,then they truck them but you need to load, i believe. i always loaded them, but they may have loader trucks
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

Warped

Good with the rough stuff and rough with the good stuff

Thank You Sponsors!