iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Found a GOOD saw doctor

Started by yarnammurt, February 10, 2015, 05:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yarnammurt

I dropped 5 blades for my 10"Peterson mill at a saw doc in Hot Springs. With all new tips out the door it was $59.13 8). I cant say enough good things about these guys.

NAME REMOVED BY ADMIN. We removed the name as it breaks our rules on advertising and is not fair to our sponsors that open their wallets to keep the Forestry Forum open. If someone really wants the name, they can pm the original poster.
ATS 10" Peterson, 09 New Holland 4x4 TL90 with loader, 125hp White,2 2009 Kawasaki 610 mules,

beenthere

Tis' hard to believe.
$12 a blade, and maybe $2 per tooth?  Why do you think someone would work so cheap?  His time, materials, keeping the door open, all for just the fun of it?  Maybe...

Maybe you found a CHEAP saw doctor, and sure hope you found a GOOD saw doc. ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

yarnammurt

I ran one all day today, And it was true and fast. He said since he didn't have to do any grinding or rolling instead or $3 a tooth he would just charge me $1.50. But he does a lot of work for the big Sawmills here.
ATS 10" Peterson, 09 New Holland 4x4 TL90 with loader, 125hp White,2 2009 Kawasaki 610 mules,

drobertson

I have to add, in the Ozarks life and money can be a far cry from the rest of the country,  work is work,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Nomad

I'm glad you found a deal like that and the work is good too!  But I think I'd have a better shot of meeting the Tooth Fairy than your new Saw Doc.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Seaman

Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: yarnammurt on February 10, 2015, 05:15:19 PM
I dropped 5 blades for my 10"Peterson mill at a saw doc in Hot Springs. With all new tips out the door it was $59.13 8). I cant say enough good things about these guys. GBS is the name for the guys in the state with a swing mill.
This is just sad.  Please find out if they do UPS.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Ugly Tree

Good for you!  Didn't take in a few races at the pony track while in the Spa City, did you?  Heading up next week myself for some corned beef sandwiches, cold brew, and equine entertainment... And if all goes well, an evening of dancing with the bride at the Arlington ballroom! 

I also believe some folks would be surprised at how affordable it is to live in these parts compared to other parts of the country.
Woodland HM126, Massey Ferguson 3165, 440 and 210 Stihl, a lot of grunt bars.

JB Griffin

What people need to understand is the average working man only makes $15k-$30k a year, if you are a teacher you are one of the best paid people around, outside of a federal gov. employee.
My Dad raised 4 kids on less than $25k a year gross.

Things are cheaper here, but so are wages.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

JB Griffin

Yarn, do you now if they take mail in work and retip WM debarker blades?
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

Ugly Tree

Quote from: JB Griffin on February 10, 2015, 09:15:43 PM
What people need to understand is the average working man only makes $15k-$30k a year, if you are a teacher you are one of the best paid people around, outside of a federal gov. employee.
My Dad raised 4 kids on less than $25k a year gross.

Things are cheaper here, but so are wages.

True enough, but in these river bottoms, slower and much more peaceful. In my opinion, if you are on this forum, your are a slightly different breed of cat anyway. The working man is slowly disappearing. Didn't mean to get political or hijack the thread, but we are different by definition. We don't mind work and enjoy a little grit in our craw.  And I don't mean just Arkansas or the South.  I've met some pretty hardy youppers (sp), Cannucks, and Cheeseheads. But I like drobertson's post--"in some places, work is work."
Woodland HM126, Massey Ferguson 3165, 440 and 210 Stihl, a lot of grunt bars.

yarnammurt

Quote from: JB Griffin on February 10, 2015, 09:18:09 PM
Yarn, do you now if they take mail in work and retip WM debarker blades?

When I was in the shop I was looking at blades like I have never seen before. And I thought I was well rounded LOL. He told me if its a blade with carbide tips than he can fix it. He said they make blades he will just order in the blanks and go from there. And yes he does mail in work. Its a old man that owns the shop and he has 2 guys working form him. He said that his helpers where as good as it gets. They where both in there 40's or so. Just good guys. Hell when I picked the blades up he had even dipped the ends for me. He said they normally just do that for the mail, but he said he just did it for my safety because I had so many to move around. I can send you his # if you like. 

beenthere

Have him contact Jeff to become a sponsor here.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Your first post was edited in fairness to our sponsors.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!