iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New FF Celebrity

Started by WV_hillbilly, August 24, 2004, 09:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV_hillbilly

Has anyone else read their  Aug/Sept 04    Independent Sawmill and Woodlot ?

There is any interesting article in there about Kyle Edwards's  treecycling business .  8)   I haven't got to reread the whole article yet but it looks like to me he has a well thought out business plan . I think it's great that he utilizes trees that would  otherwise end up in the landfill.

A while back I bought a small shipment from him . It was nice looking wood that helped me finish some projects that I had committed myself to .  I didn' t even think about  letting people know the history of the wood itself .

Keep up the good work Kyle .

Hillbilly  
Hillbilly

Dugsaws

I read the article, and yes it does sound like a well thought out plan.It is a very good article

Congrats for making the s&w mag Kyle 8)
Doug

TN_man

Where is Kyle anyways? I have not seen him on the forum here lately?  ??? I have not read the article yet, but I have been able to see his setup there in NC. He seems to have a ability to get his name out there and get people to buy his wood. That marketing ability is a real plus in this business. ;) He credited Scott in Memphis for alot of his vision. Good job Kyle and keep up the good work! 8)  Jeff
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

MemphisLogger

Shucks, TN_man,

Kyle is far too generous--I don't even have a business plan.

:-[
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

Frickman

Yep, I saw the article. That magazine arrived the same day as the August issue of the Northern Logger. Rob has a letter to the editor published in it where he expresses his thanks to the magazine for their work and his enthusiam for the industry. I guess we got two celebrities here.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

TN_man

UrbanLogger,
Planning and vision are two different things. It doesn't look like he needed any mentoring for that :). He is a good example for alot of newbies like me.  Jeff
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

Thank You Sponsors!