iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Strange Customer Request ?? Toepincher Coffin

Started by woodweasel, February 08, 2015, 10:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodweasel

I did a job for a fellow not long ago, as I was leaving I handed him 3-4 of my business cards as I normally do.On my card it says I do custom Furnitue. This was what he wanted ??? ???

JB Griffin

That's to pretty to put a dead person in and bury it.
Very nice work. :)
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

dean herring

Outstanding craftsmanship. What kind of wood is it?
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

dean herring

Woodweasel, that's a nice shop you have there. What are those insulated lines, kinda looks like some where I work.
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

woodweasel

Its red Cedar from Central Texas. Those are exhaust pipes from the bottom of my engine room, KTA 38's Cummings engines. I'm a Captain on a Tuboat, I push crude oil in barges, up and down the ICWW & The Mississippi River. Woodworking is how I spend my off time, hence the Woodmizer! ;D

woodweasel

Heres my latest project. I did a saw job with the mill, handed the customer my card after job was done. He said I see you make custom furniture can you make me a Coffin. As it turns out he ask a couple of guys, but they declined, saying that was to creepy. I said sure. I never though it was creepy, because I just thought of it as a wood project. he wanted it out of RED CEDAR, in the old toepincher cowboy style. We agreed on a price. He paid me 1/2 to get started. Several weeks later I delevered it to him, unloaded in his barn, He paid me and was ESTATIC 8)

samandothers

That is drop dead gorgeous! 
::)

4x4American

Nice job!

I don't know why anyone would think it's creepy??

Awhile ago I was thinking to build some toe pincher pine coffins to sell during the winter months.  I'm not that great of a carpenter though, so it fell through.  If I slapped some together out of green rough cut pine do you think they'd be worth much?
Boy, back in my day..

clww

Did he say who it was for? You may now be an accomplice! :D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

yarnammurt

Quote from: woodweasel on February 08, 2015, 11:25:11 AM
Its red Cedar from Central Texas. Those are exhaust pipes from the bottom of my engine room, KTA 38's Cummings engines. I'm a Captain on a Tuboat, I push crude oil in barges, up and down the ICWW & The Mississippi River. Woodworking is how I spend my off time, hence the Woodmizer! ;D

I have a fishing cabin South of Bafin Bay. Just south of 9 mile Hole. Its been a few years since I have been down, but I love it down there. It was nice before all of the wind mills went in. We have had the pier knocked down 3 time by Tugs ;D.
ATS 10" Peterson, 09 New Holland 4x4 TL90 with loader, 125hp White,2 2009 Kawasaki 610 mules,

Magicman

Looks like fine woodworking craftsmanship to me.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Remle

Very, very nice work !! Maybe that's people referred to as a Hand Basket when I was growing up. People used to tell me I'm going to hell in a hand basket, any way I'd be proud to go out in it.. actually I want to be cremated so they got the fire part of it right.!!!

landscraper

You should put legs on that and let him use it as a table or credenza until he's ready to use it for real.  It's too nice to only be admired by worms.
Firewood is energy independence on a personal scale.

jmouton

i showed my girlfriend that pic and she said thats pretty and she wanted  one ,    i just kinda laughed ,,thought it was a little funny,,

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

ozarkgem

Quote from: woodweasel on February 08, 2015, 11:25:11 AM
Do you do woodworking on the tug?
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

beenthere

Quote from: jmouton on February 08, 2015, 08:25:24 PM
      i showed my girlfriend that pic and she said thats pretty and she wanted  one ,    i just kinda laughed ,,thought it was a little funny,,

jim

:D
To fit her, or to fit you?  ;)  ;)   ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

yukon cornelius

that is nice! you just made him a bed to take a nap in.... the dirt nap....the last bed he will ever need....It really is beautiful!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

woodweasel

Yea, I have portable Ryboi tools on board. I have everything I need to turn out Cedar Chest, Head and Footboard Bed Frames, Dressers, Chest of Drawers, Tables and the occasional coffin ! ;D

Lud

Real good lookin'.    I've heard folks stand them up tipped against a wall for wine bottle storage.  Some type of criss cross, removable racks might make them more marketable?? 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

rufus204

Sthil 290 -Sthil MS660 Mag
Husky 450 -Sthil 192TC -Pouland 295
1987 Logging Suzuki Samurai Jack
I was proud owner of two 61 Rancher with short bow until local dope heads stole 'em

Weekend_Sawyer

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

rasman57

Very cool..... nice work!     Heard he was just dyin to have one...

Thank You Sponsors!