iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shed For Woodmizer Finally (pics)

Started by woodweasel, February 06, 2015, 10:57:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodweasel

Finally got my building dried in. Starting to wire it.Woodmizer will have a home & I wont have to saw in the elements.Need some pics of you guys dust collectors.Dont want to have tons of sawdust under the Shed ??? ???

Jemclimber

lt15

Percy

Awesome building......you aint foolin around...
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

EZ

Now that's one heck of a shed. Good job dude.

GAB

Woodweasel:
Looking at your roof line it appears you are not worried about 3" of ice on top of 2' of wet heavy snow.
Nice looking building though.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

woodweasel

It's 42'x50',also have a 8'x12' on the back side that will be the head, (commode,urinal, tub, h20 heater) 30'x50' is inclosed. The shed is 12'x50'.The 30'x50' is insulated, the 12'x50' shed is insulated with a heat reflecting barrier to ward off the Texas sun! Peak is 16',slopes to15'. No I'm not worried about snow and ice.I'm in Central Texas, most snow I've seen has been 4''-6'' tops. It usually melts the next day.Wiring it under ground from transformer to a 200 amp box in building. Will have office/mancave with possible sleeping qtrs. upstairs. need some ideals on the dust collectors. also I basically did the entire project myself, I did have a concrete man set the anchor bolts  and spread and level slab. I've never done this so I made mistakes along the way smiley_turkey_dancing. HELP ON DUST COLLECTORS PLEASE ???

Chuck White

Real nice sawshed you've got there!   smiley_thumbsup    smiley_thumbsup
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Joe Hillmann

Quote from: GAB on February 06, 2015, 11:16:04 AM
Woodweasel:
Looking at your roof line it appears you are not worried about 3" of ice on top of 2' of wet heavy snow.
Nice looking building though.
Gerald

I think a lot of us in the north get kind of aggravated (maybe a little bit jealous too) when we see what you guys can get away with in the south when building sheds when it comes to planing for snow.

pineywoods

Here's my sawdust collection system. Blower is a 2 hp 110 unit from a harbor freight shop dust collector. The metal pipe is six inch stove pipe from the hardware store. There are 3 swivel joints, home-made brazed up from sheet metal. Jug on the pole is an infinitely adjustable hi-tech counterbalance, just add or delete water.  ;D The curved outlet on the sawdust chute is pop riveted sheet metal. It handles the mess from a wm lt40 nicely, but I do have to occasionally scrape the bark and debris from under the mill.

1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Top shelf there Woodweasel.....nice and I mean NICE shed.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

woodweasel

Pineywoods,  Thats what I'm looking for!! So the blower is in the rafters, with a swivel on it? Also what
is the counterbalance for? Do the swivels bind up witout it ???

Dave Shepard

That's a Pineywoods semi-automatic-infinitley-adjustable-low-budget-anti-cantilever-oil jug. :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

pineywoods

Quote from: woodweasel on February 06, 2015, 06:28:28 PM
Pineywoods,  Thats what I'm looking for!! So the blower is in the rafters, with a swivel on it? Also what
is the counterbalance for? Do the swivels bind up witout it ???

Yeah, the blower is in the rafters, inlet pointed down with swivel attached to the inlet. Idea is to get all the plumbing above head height and out of the way. Without the counterbalance, the swivel tends to bind. There is a small cable wrapped around the blower swivel, then routed over a pulley, then down to an old window weight. Makes the whole assemley rotate in the right direction...Only problem I have is the short pieces of flex hose tend to split and break after lots of use.  Duct tape.....There's a post somewhere on how to make the swivels....
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390

woodweasel

Pineywoods,that's awsome!Did you get the lengths of the pipe and where the swivels needed to be located by trial and error or what??

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

pineywoods

Quote from: woodweasel on February 06, 2015, 10:23:57 PM
Pineywoods,that's awsome!Did you get the lengths of the pipe and where the swivels needed to be located by trial and error or what??
Yup, how else do rednecks engineer things?? I used a mockup made of 1X2 strips to get in the ball park. The flex hoses were originally a little longer, when one splits, I just shorten the hose  ;D

woodweasel

Thanks pineywoods, If you remember anything that may help me with the dust collector please post. Sure would like to the others similar to yours. I've started a mock-up based on your system!! Thanks smiley_beertoast

Thank You Sponsors!