iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started by jtprit, February 05, 2015, 11:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtprit

Hello all. I have been reading about blades and would like to start with a blade big enough to cut 12"-15" inches or so by cutting both sides. I would like to start with a cheap one just to make sure I can get this thing running but still get a few stacks of lumber out of it before I go to a fancier blade with inserts or whatever. What do y'all recommend?

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, jtprit.

In order to receive suggestions from other members, you'll need to provide a little more information, such as what kind of mill you have, etc.

Might provide info on where you're located, might be blade suppliers in the area that members would know about and suggest them to you.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

drobertson

second the above, sounds like you are ready to get going!  I'm sure it will work out for you with a little time and patience, can't forget endurance ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, jtprit.  I assume that you are asking about a circle saw blade about which I know nothing.  ??
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

RM Farm

Thanks, Robert

Woodland Mills HM126; Kubota L3200 with FEL, quick attach forks.

jtprit

Sorry I left a bit out. I am looking to build a swing blade mill. Once upon a time I was going to build a bandsaw mill. However due to having a bad back I think I will do much better with a swing blade mill since I wont have to constantly turn the log. Also would like to get feedback on running a hydraulic motor. I have an 18hp Kohler which I hope will be enough to run all the hydros.
If anyone has drawings, pics, or any info of their mills please feel free to post.

oh. I am located in the Midlands of SC

Thank You Sponsors!