iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to wood working, check out my latest creation. Thanks!

Started by Hemlock1984, February 04, 2015, 10:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemlock1984

First, let me say I am new to the forum and rather new to wood working. I just finished up a small project and wanted to share.

The stool was made using an oak cookie and oak dowel rods. What made this build special was the cookie I used was also used as table center pieces at my wedding. I was recently married back in June and we had about a dozen or so of these cookies left over, so I decided to make use of them.  Plus, it earned me some brownie points with the wife, she loved it!

PC-Urban-Sawyer

That's pretty...

Sure hope it don't crack up... (both the cookie and the marriage  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) )

Herb

lowpolyjoe

I like it :)

If it starts to crack maybe you can try your hand at making some butterfly inserts.  I've seen those a lot on this forum and love the look they give.

VT_Forestry

Nicely done - I'll point out though that your oak cookie is actually a hickory cookie ;)
Forester - Newport News Waterworks

Hemlock1984

@VT_Forestry you're right, Ive been surrounded by pines the past four years, so my hardwood id has fallen off, thanks for keeping me in line.
It looks like a bitternut or pignut hickory, but im not sure.

@PC-Urban-Sawyer As far as cracking, Its been in the house for about 6 months and hasnt cracked yet...so I think she is going to work out haha.

Thanks for the replys!

Magicman

Congrats on the stool build, marriage, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Really nice. I hope it stays that way and doesn't crack......the stool, not the marriage. :) :) :)

Where in N.C. are you from?
David
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

yukon cornelius

That is really nice! the sentimental value is priceless. maybe your great grandkids will get to hear about how you made it. congrats on both he table and the wedding not necessarily in that order ;D
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Hemlock1984

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 04, 2015, 07:32:58 PM
Really nice. I hope it stays that way and doesn't crack......the stool, not the marriage. :) :) :)

Where in N.C. are you from?
David

Moore County-the Southern Pines, Pinehurst area, but im orignially from GA.

Lud

If you an reach in, I'd suggest you write a note on the bottom of the history.  Sign and date, type of wood and source.  Sign everything you make in a out of the way spot. 8) ;)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Hemlock1984

Quote from: Lud on February 05, 2015, 05:10:57 PM
If you an reach in, I'd suggest you write a note on the bottom of the history.  Sign and date, type of wood and source.  Sign everything you make in a out of the way spot. 8) ;)

Great idea, thanks!

Thank You Sponsors!