iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Nice...

Started by HiTech, February 03, 2015, 09:31:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiTech

almost spring morning...26 below zero. I don't think I will go to the woods this morning. Too hard on the machines and this old body. lol Someday it will warm up. With no huge monthly payments you can pick the days to work. For most it will be business as usual though. I have seen small trailers on logging jobs with wood stoves in them for the crew to warm up, eat, or have coffee in. On a day like today a 50 degree trailer would feel like an inferno. lol Good luck to those who are out there and stay safe.

drobertson

Not that bad here, thankfully, sunny but a bit cold yet for me as well, too bad the bills never forget ;D
Looks to be another few rounds of snow for some folks upper and east for the next several weeks,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

dustintheblood

Same crazy cold here. 

Unfortunately, I have a hydraulic pump to switch out on the Case today  ::) ::)

neat-o cold to be working under the dang thing, but I'm almost there....
Draining the oil's looking like Jello pudding coming out of the plug HA HA HA
Case 75C, Case 1494, RangeRoad RR10T36, Igland 4001, Hardy 1400ST, WM LT40HD, WM Edger, ICS DH Kiln

John Mc

We got above 0 this morning, and it's supposed to top out in the teens today, with hardly any wind. It feels downright tropical compared to what we've seen recently.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Dave Shepard

We don't see real cold around here. -15 or possibly -20 would be about as low as it gets. It was -6 this morning, and I found it amusing that it really didn't seem that cold as I was munching my toast next to the wood boiler, but then I realized it was a dry cold. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Corley5

It hit 17 degrees here today.  Felt warm after single digit highs the last couple days.  We didn't bother trying to fire up any equipment Sunday or Monday but I did run the harvester for a while today.  Better to stay home and work on the Honey Do List when it's too cold.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

ForestFox

I hear ya Hitech, my old bones don't jump for joy in this weather either. I decided to work on my old TJ in my heated shop today. I took the oil bath air cleaner off and it stunk to high heaven. In the bottom was near as I can tell about 6 to 12 oil embalmed mice. Hard to say how many as they were mush and the whole mess looked like a stew. Glad I did too ,as the oil needed changing bad and was way low also.
Stay safe and warm. BTW I'm located a bit south of Utica.
TJ225,MF481 wLoader, JD792, MF1080, Husky 2100's,285XP,576XP,261,

Thank You Sponsors!