iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry tractor modifications

Started by mf40diesel, February 03, 2015, 08:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeerMeadowFarm

Reviving an old thread because there is some good info here, plus I have some updates.
I added guards to my directional/flashers last year after I knocked them off a couple of times:

Over the holiday break I built some guards for my taillights as well (since I broke one of them...  ::) )

thecfarm

I think I said it before. Those things should be outlawed. Or as soon as you get the tractor,go around with a hammer and break them all off. That way you won't be knocking them things off.  ;D Headlights I need,but not a blinker.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

DeerMeadowFarm

Quote from: thecfarm on January 03, 2017, 06:47:37 PM
I think I said it before. Those things should be outlawed. Or as soon as you get the tractor,go around with a hammer and break them all off. That way you won't be knocking them things off.  ;D Headlights I need,but not a blinker.
I hear ya Ray, but to access part of my woodlot I need to get in from another road. I also do hay on fields other than my own. Road driving with the tractor kind of requires it...

Ed_K

I bought some magnetic blinker lights for the rear of the tractor after knocking off the ones that came with it  :( .Soon as I'm off the main rd their off and put in the pickup  ;D .
Ed K

thecfarm

I know about the blinker thing when I needed. I have roaded mine a few times,glad I don't have to now. In my case I would have to have ½ steel around mine. I have a blinker/tail light now that is just about hanging. I somehow got it behind a 4 inch maple. I cut it down to prevent any more damage.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

711ac

thecfarm

One was all ready taken care of. No further use of a hammer is needed.  ::) :o   :D

kensfarm

A lot of the off-roaders use hog panel sheets.. cutter board material..  light weight and you can form it w/ heat.  The rock crawlers like it cause it slides good.. tuff stuff. 

Thank You Sponsors!