iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wish you were this good? (felling video)

Started by bushhog920, February 01, 2015, 01:17:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushhog920

furltech

I am pretty sure i would have passed on that job .

so il logger

Pretty sure I seen this video on another post. The guy got lucky and pulled it off, makes for a nice video but I still would leave it to the arborists and I will stay in the woods where I dont have to worry about smashing a house.  ;D

Ianab

Been posted before, and some of the members know the guy personally, and can vouch for it.

It's not an impossible cut, with a nice straight and sound tree like that, and plenty of time to get the cuts "just right".

Just there is zero margin for error  :D Well technically there is probably ~12" either way. I try for that accuracy when I'm aiming at a peg in the ground. I wouldn't try it with a building though, just because it MIGHT go wrong.  :-\
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

so il logger

I try to be as accurate as possible in the woods to save smaller trees. And I get lucky alot. But I would not be confident in doing that. Maybe if it were my house...but hats off to the guy that cut that tree. Sure went down smooth ;D

Peter Drouin

I have seen that one before , and all I can say that's cool :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Lumberjohn

Try that here in the east with some of the banana shaped hardwood trees we have
and your aim can be perfect every time BUT the bounce is what takes houses/sheds/everything out.
The guy did awesome but that tree was arrow straight.

1270d

The guy in the video IS an arborist.  Scotts tree service or Scotts landscaping, something like that.   He has a description of some of the setup and planning that was done before on their Facebook page.

Thank You Sponsors!