iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

dresser and chest of drawers

Started by yukon cornelius, January 31, 2015, 10:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukon cornelius

Here was my project for the last 2 weeks. not all day every day but was started 2 weeks ago. I about tapped out on it. it was one of those jobs where there was a curveball at every step. I never use plans and start with just an idea and dimensions in mind which can be interesting at times. overall im satisfied with the finished product. and happiest that I didn't give up.  :D

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

yukon cornelius

sorry about the second picture, I couldn't get it to edit and rotate.  ::)

breederman

Together we got this !

justallan1

mesquite buckeye

I love what you do with that natural edged stuff.

Way to go, dude. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Andy White

YC,
What a really unique pair that is! You are a master at " thinking outside the box" {old saying} Show some pictures of the frame and drawer construction. Are those slabs attached to a drawer front, or is that the front?  I really like them!!! 8) 8) 8)    Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

samandothers

Yep would like additional pictures.  Really neat idea!

yukon cornelius

Kind of hard to get good pics of it. I should have took some ass I went. the frame is pine 1x4s cut to 3".  the face I used my kreg pocket hole jig and glue. for the corner trim logs I cut them at a 45 then planed the log flat on the back side and screwed and glued them on.  on the sides I used pre made spruce glue up panels. my glue up skills are not up to speed. they requested red cedar top so I did glue ups for them. They are such a battle since I still don't have a thickness planer. I did however get my jointer figured out on my shopsmith. it helped but the bed or rail for it is so short it was challenging to keep them really straight. I succeeded and I can use the flaws as a selling point :D I saw on antique road show the other day they pointed out that the top of a dresser wasn't perfectly flat showing it was hand planed  ;D that's what I will go with. I did get a few more clamps but still need more.

Kipper

LT40HD, Cat Diesel
New Holland L783
Kubota BX23
Metavic 1400XL
2016 Dodge 3500
2007 Dodge 3500 (Dump)
Belsaw 802 Edger
Too many trailers to count and all Stihl Saws!!

Magicman

That is very unique and truly an eye catcher.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

lowpolyjoe

Wow,  that's  really something.  Very unique.  Thanks for sharing the details

hackberry jake

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

yukon cornelius

you guys are way too kind! Thanks! I hope to get a few new toys,tools this year to help make a few things easier and better.

thecfarm

That is diffeant. A mighty nice looking and good idea diffeant!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jamesamd

Very unique ,You should be very proud  ;)
Jim
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

Thank You Sponsors!