iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blaze King smaller stoves

Started by sweetjetskier, January 30, 2015, 03:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweetjetskier

We are looking to add a wood stove for next heating season for our 1500 sq ft home with all new energy star windows, all new above minimum code insulation in walls and ceilings also.

The Blaze King Ashford 20 is a stove that we came across in our searches, it seems to have just been released in the late fall of 2014.

Does anyone have firsthand experience with this or any of the smaller Blaze King stoves?

Also looking at the Jutol F3-CB stove as an option.

Any information is appreciated.

Chris
Arborist, Horticulturist, Nursery and Turfgrass Professional with 27 years experience.

Brad_S.

I am in my first year of running an ashford 30. I have very little prior indoor stove experience, I always had an OWB.
You need very dry wood with the Ashford and I do not have a backlog of split wood, so I am burning seasoned cut off's and reject boards. I am also using it in a shop that only gets used one week of the month.
So far, I am extremely happy with the stove. It puts out a lot of heat and does not seem to go through wood quickly. I have not used it long enough to know whether or not the catalytic converter truly cuts down on creosote.
At this point in the game, I would highly recommend the Ashford.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Thank You Sponsors!