iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thanks to the Rite Leg company; some quick and easy shop stools

Started by scsmith42, January 30, 2015, 09:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scsmith42

I picked up a pair of Alissa's bar stools from Rite Leg Company and turned a couple of simple tops for them on the lathe.  I plan to use one of these in the welding cabin for TIG welding (since the height is ideal for working at the welding table and reaching the foot control).  The other one will be used in the wood shop at my workbench.

The top on the right was made from a 12" piece of 5/4 quartersawn white oak, and the one on the left from a 12" piece of 8/4 black walnut.  The oil finish is a 30-30-30-10 mix of tung oil, spar varnish, BLO and turpentine.

Next project will be a slab bench utilizing some of Alissa's bench legs.  I have a nice, 4" thick red oak slab left over from the Meredith Oak slabbing project that I may try to use green.

Thanks Rite Leg for the great product!

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Weekend_Sawyer

Very nice. I have a couple of metal tractor seats that might look good on those bases.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

tule peak timber

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

scsmith42

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Larry

A three legged stool is such perfect form.  One less leg and it would fall over, one more leg and it is over compensated making it a wobbler.  I like stools, but only if they have three legs.

Add a nice wood top and it is just perfection.  Well done job SC. :)

Watch out for that goat...I've never seen one use a stool, it may be a trick. ??? ???
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Don_Papenburg

"Watch out for the goat" "   Never seen one use a stool" 

Unless they are eating the darn things. >:( ;D
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

POSTON WIDEHEAD

May all of you step in my stool.  :D :D :D

Signed: Old Goat
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!