iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Well I am on day 10 with the flu.

Started by ozarkgem, January 29, 2015, 05:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozarkgem

Had a fever for 10 days. Be glad when this is gone. We have had perfect weather for getting some things done outdoors and I have been stuck in my chair. Went to the doc and she said , yep you got the flu. Nothing we can do about it. Tough it out. and that will be 70 bucks thank you.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

GAB

Hope you get well soon.
Please do not send it my way when you are done with it.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

sawguy21

Kindly keep it to yourself thank you very much. I have been fighting it off and on for weeks, doc doesn't have a solution except fluids, rest, and ride it out. :-\
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

r.man

In my area a lot of people have been fighting something that has strong symptoms for a week and then comes and goes for another month. At least.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

WH_Conley

I feel for you. My wife and I were down for 3 weeks with it.
Bill

WmFritz

Quote from: r.man on January 29, 2015, 10:24:26 PM
In my area a lot of people have been fighting something that has strong symptoms for a week and then comes and goes for another month. At least.

I must be in your area.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

r.man

From what I am hearing North America is my area this year.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

cntryby

Quote from: ozarkgem on January 29, 2015, 05:48:22 PM
Had a fever for 10 days. Be glad when this is gone. We have had perfect weather for getting some things done outdoors and I have been stuck in my chair. Went to the doc and she said , yep you got the flu. Nothing we can do about it. Tough it out. and that will be 70 bucks thank you.

Well, several weeks later but now it's my turn. I look out my window at the whack of logs next to the mill then grab the tissue and head back to the couch. Then I see the ball joints for my truck sitting on the table, choke down the ibuprofen and head back to the couch. Sun shinning through the windows, swallow the sudafed, head back to the couch. Kids home from school, feeding the horses, I never get off the couch.

I'm only at 5 days and it may be worse now than day one. This is miserable!!!
Grey haired riders didn't get that way from pure luck.

ozarkgem

The worst part was all the stuff I needed to get done and had perfect weather to get it done and too sick to do anything. Hope yours doesn't last a long as mine did.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

pineywoods

That Dang stuff is hard to get rid of. I finally kicked it, but only after massive doses of antbiotic for 10 straight days..Now the wife has it.  :(
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tom the Sawyer

They have to make an educated guess as to which flu strains will be prevalent the following fall in order to gear up production.  This year the vaccine was for 4 strains of influenza.  Apparently, the flu strain that is causing most of the problems nationwide has been one that was not included in the vaccine.  That is the one I caught, in previous years the vaccine has always worked for me.
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

so il logger

I feel for you guy's. I had the flu bad last year and don't need it this year so Tom the sawyer keep it in kansas, don't let it drift east ;D

Ianab

Quote from: beenthere on February 19, 2015, 08:30:53 PM
So the flu shots don't work?

Flu shots only improve your odds. Less likely to get it, or it may not be as severe. This years vaccine doesn't seem to have the best success rate though. The strain that's gone "viral" isn't one that the vaccine covers properly.  Next year might work better, then the year after there is a new variant loose.

BTW, antibiotics wont cure the flu, it's viral. But it's quite common to get a secondary bacterial infection after the flu has knocked you down.  That's why you might end up on antibiotics. Not to cure the flu, but to treat the bacterial pneumonia that followed it.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

coxy

yes I feel for every one with this crap the guy I was working with has had it for 2 weeks he called the other day and said lets go to work  I kindly in not so many words told him ill see him some time next week ;D I don't need to get it

cntryby

My wife brought it home to me, this stupid person she works with comes to work sick and lines up her Robitussin, and other meds on her desk. She thinks it shows how dedicated she is and brags about it. The boss is in another office and only a year or so from retirement so could care less. Same girl comes to work sick a couple of times a year.

I've sneezed and coughed so much the muscles along my rib cage are sore.

clww

Hope you guys get better soon. No fun being down with the flu. :-[
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

beenthere

cntryby
Next time you or wife are real sick with a cold, make a special trip to visit this lady and hang around her for a spell... coughing, blowing, sneezing... and see what she says...  Then break the news to her... gently. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

cntryby

The other ladies in the office have talked directly to her and to the boss, she doesn't care and the boss says each person has to decide if they are fit to come to work.

The lady that comes to work sick thinks that if you're gonna get it you'll get it no matter what, her being there doesn't change anything.

She's an idiot. I guess she wouldn't mind going to help over seas with ebola.

Paul_H

As long as there are people there will be spread of the flu. I have had it a couple weeks now but it is part of life.I don't try to avoid those that have it but do try to avoid passing it along.(DanG near impossible)
My youngest daughter gave it to us.She would be feverish and laying in bed,then 15 mins later I'd see her riding her horse in the field. She would come back in and sleep for a few hours and go back out again without complaint. I admire her for that.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Thank You Sponsors!