iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Brand New 1972 MotoSki

Started by Just Me, January 28, 2015, 09:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Me

I was given this yesterday by my brother who wanted it out of his way. It is brand new. Paint is still on the brake, original down to the belt.

It belongs in a museum, not sure what to do with it yet. We had one just like it when we were kids, Jerry has another one like it with a long track.

loggah

My father used to sell those things in the late 60's !!! thats a real nice one, Cadet or Capri? Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Magicman

The manufacturer may have an interest in it.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

coxy

I want it I want it  :D :D should have a rock well jlo motor

snowstorm

Quote from: Magicman on January 28, 2015, 10:15:55 AM
The manufacturer may have an interest in it.
moto ski was bought buy ski doo in the late 70's and they dropped the line a few years later

snowstorm

nice looking sled. i had a 69 long track when i was a kid

Reddog

brendonv

I lovvve new old stuff like that. Would pay a premium if it was something i was interested in.
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

Just Me

Quote from: loggah on January 28, 2015, 09:26:48 AM
My father used to sell those things in the late 60's !!! thats a real nice one, Cadet or Capri? Don

Its a Capri with a 292 Hirth. We had a 69 Zephr with a long track when we were kids, its what my brother has now, It was $792 in 69. The Zephr's had JLO motors.

A good share of the snowmobiles in the museum in Naubinway are my uncle's, Fred Edgerton. He had over 150 restored at one time. It may end up there. This one may well be the cleanest unrestored in existance from that era.

WmFritz

That sled is worth a great deal more then the original price tag. You've got one great brother.

One of my boys is racing a vintage sled this winter and I've been having fun looking at all the neat old machines that folks are bringing to the tracks. I've seen quite a few Moto-Ski's, but nothing compares to yours. What a treasure you've been given.

People are getting some almost unbelievably high prices (at least to me) for some of the harder to find sleds like; Snow-Jet 'Thunder Jet's' and Mercury 'Sno Twister's.' Last week a guy brought a '71 Arctic Cat 'King Cat' for a parade lap. He told me he turned down an offer of $30,000 for it. He won't sell it because his father bought it new and eventually passed it to his brother. Last summer his brother died, now he owns it. A lot of sentiment goes along with these old snowmobiles.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

kevin19343

Race the guy with the Tucker Sno-Cat. Winner takes all.

loggah

Im pretty sure the Moto-ski would win!!!! ;D especially since the Tucker engine is stuck at the moment. ;D
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Woodhauler

Quote from: loggah on January 29, 2015, 07:35:49 AM
Im pretty sure the Moto-ski would win!!!! ;D especially since the Tucker engine is stuck at the moment. ;D
You put some weasel pee in the cylinders a few days ago, she should be ready to go!!!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Corley5

Nice old sled.  Didn't AMF own Motoski  ???  They had a Harley Davidson snowmobile that I think was a rebadged Motoski  ???  I grew with Ski Doos.  My favorite was the 1966 10 1/2hp Olympique Dad bought new.  It would go through almost anything.  My second favorite was the 74 Elan.  It too was almost unstoppable in deep powder.  It's in the garage with the 66.  They had the same Rotax engine.  There was also a 74 340 TNT.  It was pretty fast for a 340  8) 8)  Grandpa had a couple Snow Jets but I don't remember what models they were.
  Ride 'em for an hour.  Work on 'em for two  ;) ;D   
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

isawlogs

Les motoneiges Moto-Ski ont été conçues à LaPocatière par Jean-Yves Bélanger, machiniste-outilleur de profession, à partir de 1963. L'entreprise était financée par M. Charles-Eugène Bouchard, qui en était le président fondateur et pour qui M. Bélanger était employé. La compagnie fut rachetée par Bombardier en 1971 et la motoneige Moto-Ski fut produite jusqu'en 1985.

Moto-Ski was made in Québec  at LaPocatiere from 1963 it was bought by Bombardier in '71 and the last moto ski built was in 1985

I had a capri long track with a one cylindre Hirth, nothing stopped that machine.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Corley5

Harley sleds were rebadged Ski Daddlers made by AMF  ;D :)  Google's a wonderful thing.  A guy I went to school with rode his HD snowmobile to school for a while one winter  8) :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Dave Shepard

A friend of mine had an Elan with one pressure treated ski. He said it didn't go any slower with the pt ski. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

snowstorm

Quote from: Corley5 on January 29, 2015, 07:33:10 PM
Harley sleds were rebadged Ski Daddlers made by AMF  ;D :)  Google's a wonderful thing.  A guy I went to school with rode his HD snowmobile to school for a while one winter  8) :)
amf owned harley at the time

den

Homelite SuperXL, 360, Super2, Stihl MS251CB-E, Sotz M-20 20lb. Monster Maul, Wallenstein BXM-42

Lazy logger

Anybody remember the Moto Ski Squadron Song??
I know the voices in my head aren't real,but sometimes their ideas are just absolutely awesome!

coxy

I had a ski daddler the track on it must have been 1 1/2 -2in thick what a pile of doggie doo that thing was  :D

Thank You Sponsors!