iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teakwood

Barge: It is beautiful around here, the forest and jungle is just a thing of beauty, big trees around here. Well, the bugs and snakes...., you get used to it, it's not that bad. there are lots of snakes but you will be lucky if you see one in the bush if you visit, i see like 5 a year.

I still waiting on your visit! that offer stands for any of the ff family! I would be happy to show my operation.

The mine permit is still pending ::) ::), what a PITA! 4 years and several then of thousands later and i still lack of two final papers! you need 69 steps in gov. ministry's to open a mine in Costa Rica :o :o  CR is one of the most difficult country's in the world to make a business work and that's a fact. You see it reflect in their stuck economics, company's get bored of waiting. The worst thing is that i get around one phone call a week asking for gravel and stone and i have to sadly tell them that they need to go to the competition (they are the only mine within 50miles) because government won't let me work. and the customer have to pay a absurd high price for they purchase!
But i will NOT give up, i'm close
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Peter Drouin

You're just not paying off the right guy like your competition is.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

g_man

That teak operation looks pretty nice !!

Had to go to Home Despot today. Going in made me think of you firewood guys talking a while back. There was a huge stack of "Genuine White Birch" firewood.  Cut  and split, about a foot long, in a net bag, 0.75 cubic feet each for $8.96. Over $1500 a cord. Be interesting to see how that is divided up. Doubt if the land owner or cutter got much of a piece.

gg

mike_belben

I started making bundles but havent sold any yet.  Im finishing up a wood fired kiln shed right now thatll run on the bark and splitter shmeg all over the ground. 

Tractor supply has bundles for $3.98 and they sell every cold day.  No Home Repot in town,  havent noticed bundles at lowes or walmart.
Praise The Lord

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

coxy

one processor guy started bundles at the local gas stations and stopped because of the dec regs of it not being kilned dried    ::) ::) ::) they cant leave the working guy alone  and the ash bug is already here so don't get what the difference is even with the other hard wood why it has to be kilned dried   they don't want anyone to burn wood they want all oil or gas burners so there higher ups can make huge money

Corley5

I was in the local Farm and Home store a while back and the firewood bundled in mesh wrap caught my eye.  I walked over to it and noticed "Packaged in Latvia" on the label.  I looked more figuring that was the city wondering what state it came from.  Nothing more.  Then I looked at the kindling bundles from the same company and they were "Packaged in Estonia".  This store is selling firewood in Northern Michigan that originates in the Baltic States of Eastern Europe >:( :o ::) :( >:( >:( >:(  I didn't even take notice of the prices.  I walked out.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Autocar

Corley the next thing we will hear we have a new tree killing bug that came from Latvia !
Bill

coxy

makes one wonder what the original guy is getting for his wood and how it can be shipped around the world cheaper than it can be had here  ??? ???  the funny thing is that it isn't kiln dried its ship dried  :D

mike_belben

Meanwhile the american timber industry struggles to get through the month.

Granite from china is cheaper in NH than NH granite.. The granite state. 

All i will say is it is subsidized and intentional, but i dont wanna get into trouble for politics again.
Praise The Lord

coxy

chicken  ;) :D :D 8) just poking fun mike   :) don't get in trouble  :laugh:

barbender

Nothing makes me more angry than that imported wood. They bring in the bugs, and then we all get quarantined and made to jump through tons of hoops. We didn't bring the bugs here, and they can't stop them once they get here. Why don't they stop it at the source?
Too many irons in the fire

lopet

Quote from: coxy on November 16, 2017, 04:30:58 PM
makes one wonder what the original guy is getting for his wood and how it can be shipped around the world cheaper than it can be had here  ??? ??? 

When I was in pigs they shipped Ontario pork to Japan for two cents a pound or maybe it was a kilo. So sea freight isn't all that much when they can haul thousands of tons at the time. But agree on the bugs, where did we get the  EAB from, Asia? 
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Corley5 on November 16, 2017, 02:07:44 PM
  I was in the local Farm and Home store a while back and the firewood bundled in mesh wrap caught my eye.  I walked over to it and noticed "Packaged in Latvia" on the label.  I looked more figuring that was the city wondering what state it came from.  Nothing more.  Then I looked at the kindling bundles from the same company and they were "Packaged in Estonia".  This store is selling firewood in Northern Michigan that originates in the Baltic States of Eastern Europe >:( :o ::) :( >:( >:( >:(  I didn't even take notice of the prices.  I walked out.
Same shipments of kindling and wood here, I just shook my head when I read the package. 👎

barbender

EAB came from Asia. It's not just the forests, up here our DNR is getting very aggresive with enforcement on watercraft transportation because if all the invasive species we have. Eurasian milfoil, faucet snails, zebra mussels, spiny water flea, etc. getting transported from lake to lake in live well water or by having weeds on your trailer and such. They're giving out fines between $500-1000. Some guy might take his kids out fishing on a Saturday, and forget to pull the plug on his boat and end up with a $500 fine. A real crock, when they won't do anything to actually address the source of the problem.

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: barbender on November 17, 2017, 01:40:37 AM
EAB came from Asia. It's not just the forests, up here our DNR is getting very aggresive with enforcement on watercraft transportation because if all the invasive species we have. Eurasian milfoil, faucet snails, zebra mussels, spiny water flea, etc. getting transported from lake to lake in live well water or by having weeds on your trailer and such. They're giving out fines between $500-1000. Some guy might take his kids out fishing on a Saturday, and forget to pull the plug on his boat and end up with a $500 fine. A real crock, when they won't do anything to actually address the source of the problem.

Now on my boat registrations, I have to pay a $13 zebra mussel fee along with the registration (every 2 years).  Since I use a trolling motor on my canoe, I have to pay that fee on a canoe! ::)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Corley5

I've been invited and have accepted an invitation to participate in a Michigan Firewood Supply Chain Assessment Facilitated Regional Focus Group Discussion (long title) December 1st in Gaylord.  It's put on by Michigan State and will involve 10-15 industry stakeholders who participated in a survey last spring.  I'm looking forward to it and am going to bring up firewood imported from Eastern Europe ;) :) 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

coxy

good for you 8) but they may export you out ;) :D

mike_belben

Theyre gonna say its fine because of APHIS certified heat treat sticker.   Just like how sawlogs can come in from canada and biomass can go up into NH.  Cuz they paid the piper.

Hey is that firewood from another county!?  Drop it and put your hands up!  Youre under camp ranger arrest.
Praise The Lord

barbender

Yeah, and we trust the heat treat certification from Latvia and Estonia🙄 What a crock. We shouldn't be bringing wood from overseas, period. Usually when something like that is going on, that makes no sense, I figure someone is getting their pockets lined.

mike_belben

Yeah.  And someone else is getting their truck or firewood processor reposessed.
Praise The Lord

Gearbox

I asked our MN parks director about kiln dried camp wood and who check's on the kiln . Also if they have to run a graph to tell what temp and how long . Then who checks on them . He said he didn't think anyone did once you were certified . Barbender and I now can only sell wood in our own county of witch the east half is one big swamp.
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Crusarius

Sounds like you need a second location just outside of your county :)

lopet

Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

mike_belben

Well rest assured, the estonians are sure to reinvest your local dollars back into the global economy.
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!