iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

Me and my little tax deduction.  $1500 worth of whiskey staves.
Praise The Lord

kiko

Just a pic of what going on around my place.

nativewolf

Kiko that is the ugliest tree I have ever seen, quarter saw it and maybe you can get a few scraps
Liking Walnut

kiko

Ha Ha .  I don't cut many trees,. But I assist in getting em to the mill!

kiko

Here is another picture of the trans.  Ready to be washed and gone through

kiko

This one I am almost done with. 

I just have to go through the control valve and then dyno .

mike_belben

Coincidentally im knee deep in bobcat hydrostatic system today.  Something in the water perhaps.
Praise The Lord

kiko

I wasn't gonna work today came by the shop to get my shotgun and my main man was busy pulling that transmission.  I say I thought we was gonna take the day off,. He says well I thought I might get a jump on it with that storm coming and all.   So I fell in.

coxy

nativewolf

Quote from: kiko on September 09, 2017, 04:33:38 PM
Here is another picture of the trans.  Ready to be washed and gone through

Oh..oh

Then it is worse than I thought.  That is an even uglier transmission :D than it was a tree.
Liking Walnut

nativewolf

Quote from: kiko on September 09, 2017, 04:38:47 PM
This one I am almost done with. 

I just have to go through the control valve and then dyno .

You do clean them up nicely!
Liking Walnut

kiko

The one just removed is from a 525b.  The one almost completed is from a 545c.   

coxy

besides them having a bigger hydro pump and some electronic to them are they similar to a 518 tranny 

kiko

They are similar, but to my knowledge the parts are not interchangeable.

coxy

wonder what would happen if you stuck one in a 518 if it would fit  ;D

kiko

I know for a fact it will bolt to your 3304.  Might have to move the air tank and modify the floor door. But where are we gonna put the TCU?

coxy

my air tank is under the radiator and what is tcu  traction control unit  :D

kiko

I seem to remember the air tank being under the floor door at least on some 518 s ?    But have not seen a 518 in person in about 15 years.  Transmission control unit.

g_man

I miss the day in day out photos that used to be posted here.  Just ordinary stuff that we do.  So I'll put some of my small potatoes stuff on to get the thread back up.

Started cutting some fir. The long ones are 47 footers, give me two 10's and two 12's each

This is what I call a load - 545 BF of 10's and 12's on my 2001 Ram 3500

Today I recycled an old skid trail with to much side hill for the tractor into a tractor road. Dozer is a Dresser TD7G.

gg

coxy

looking good  :) that's what I did to was build road today the last guy that cut the logs had a 440 jd skidder the roads are a little to narrow for my 518 cat      I have to get my daughter to post my pics I have lots of them

lopet

Nice little dozer, I am going to put that on my wish list. ;D

Happy b day g_man
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

mills

g_man,
I agree. This is my favorite post on this forum. Ain't no telling what you boys will come up with next. smiley_beertoast

coxy

sorry didn't see the cookies on the bottom happy b day  8) 8)

Logger RK

paul case

This one and Timber harvest methods are 2 of my favorites on this board.

I think that 500 to 600 ft on a 1 ton is a good load. I usually try to haul 800 to 1000 ft on my 1 ton and tandem dual gooseneck trailer. I took it to the woods last Thursday to get a load for my logger and we put 8 ten ft post oak logs on it and I couldnt hardly move. Then I couldnt hardly stop. I barely made it up the last hill before my place. Got it unloaded and scaled it at just over 1400 ft. 800 ft is enough.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Thank You Sponsors!