iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutterboy

Thanks Corley. It's an old Massey Ferguson model 20. I'm not sure what year it was built, but I think early 70's. I've run it for 18 years, my father for many years before that.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

thecfarm

I almost do the same.I go cut a tree,cut it into logs,transport it,saw them into lumber,than I build with it,and when I ran out of lumber,I go back into the woods.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

longtime lurker

Needed some logs in a hurry and the semi is in the shop so i took the body truck for a jaunt. Got done for a ½ ton overload on this one: 3 x 22' pieces off one log for 9.75 ton, another 12' still to go.

Eucalypt hardwoods weigh heavy!
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

Ken

Man you guys post pictures of some beautiful sticks. 
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Puffergas

Cutterboy, nice prehauler! I bet your skilled at you work.
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

g_man

mf40diesel

Cutterboy, I had a Massey 40 industrial. Built like a tank. The previous owners truly beat the pants off it. 10,000 plus hours when the hour meter broke. And I don't think it had an oil change and never saw a grease gun in all of them!  I nursed her back to life. Great machine. great wood too
John Deere 5055e, mfwd. Farmi JL306 Winch. Timberjack 225 Skidder. Splitfire splitter & Stihl saws.

BargeMonkey

Something to be said for seeing the tree all the way till sawn. Good oak like that saws real good being green. 👍

BargeMonkey

Rainy day maintenance, I've still got quite a bit of wood to cut on this job and may come back this fall. As much as I want to go CTL 😂 in the junk wood I'm cutting a buncher / grapple / limber / slasher pounds the wood out. I need to upgrade that limber at somepoint to a newer 200 with a propac. Headed to a big land clearing job with mostly smaller diameter wood, watch out. 

Wanted to get to the show in cherry Valley this last weekend, got doing dirtwork on Saturday and that went out the window. 10 sliders was a bit much 😂 my oldest boy stringing sliders off /on. 

The ironic part is the boat I'm on is the one who's bringing the gas to albany that I will be buying for my place. Had to explain to my father the run I've been chasing for 15yrs I finally get and now I've got to give it up, alot better than being offshore or down in the GOM.

mike_belben

This twisty thing made one crummy tie log and a bunch of fenceposts.  Oh well, had to go.

Praise The Lord

timberlinetree

These are some neat pics/projects.  Fishing and digging in the dirt, doesn't get any better than that! 8)
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Ken

I should change the name of my outfit to Billy Goat Logging.  We have been on some nasty hills this summer.   The harvester operator said to me this morning that he probably shouldn't cut any more trails off the hill he's on.  When I went down his last trail with 3/4 of a load on the machine brakes would not hold it back. Quite a ride down the last 50m or so.   

Lots of toys for working in the bush

barbender

coxy

mike_belben

Quote from: barbender on June 27, 2017, 08:01:53 PM
Hills are not fun👎

Agreed.  My articulated forkloader stalled the other day and i went for quite the ride.  Had manual steering but zero brakes.  Pretty serious cliff about 80ft away.
Praise The Lord

chevytaHOE5674

We cut a few jobs that I had no trouble on with the processor but the forwarder had to use the blade as his parking brake to load wood on the way down. I always enjoying cutting on the hills, running forwarder on them not so much.

barbender

Yeah Chevy, I can go anywhere the processor does until you get to the throwing the wood on part😊

chevytaHOE5674

Yeah you get that weight on the bunk and it just pushes you down down down. Put the blade down and a log under the tires if you have to. haha

BargeMonkey

Some of us who actively post on here are also on some of these logger groups on FB, I swear 90% of these guys are still eating lead paint chips as adults 😂 especially when it comes to steep ground and then you see 4 tires in the air on what alot of us call "flat" ground. I was down by Coxy's area this winter and could see the skid roads in the snow, I don't mind steep but you can have that vertical stuff 😂 watched John Creech hang the zipline at Hunter MT, alot of people think NY is flat dairy land and what they see from the thru -way.
I don't know about you guys, I can't do the rides / rollercoasters anymore, taken too many "rides" on a machine or offshore in stupid weather.

timberlinetree

This was yesterday mess. Stuck with blown o rings in grapple hoses. Glad I  had my boss take over before this happend and I didn't  cause this mess. I hate hills! Work safe out there!

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

jwilly3879

I have watched my son go up and down spots that I can't walk up without hanging on to bush or criss crossing the slope.

mike_belben

Ive hauled from maine to georgia.  One of the worst climbs on that route is matamoras to port jervis.  If its snowing ill sleep at matamoras walmart for a day or two rather than slide down that one backwards.

NY has plenty of steep
Praise The Lord

coxy

Quote from: mike_belben on June 28, 2017, 03:49:41 PM
Ive hauled from maine to georgia.  One of the worst climbs on that route is matamoras to port jervis.  If its snowing ill sleep at matamoras walmart for a day or two rather than slide down that one backwards.

NY has plenty of steep
the hawks nest isn't that bad  :) should go over 206 from roscoe to Downsville  then the Downsville to Walton is road is steeper  and longer think its 4-5 miles long   17years ago when I said I do we went on a traveling honey moon in the New England  states cant remember what state it was in but the road was steep and I was looking at these graveled spots along the road that looked about a few hundred ft long said to my wife wow they must get a lot of rain up here stopped in a little place to get a bite to eat and an older gent was there and I asked him how much rain they get here he said not much so I asked why all the gravel in the ditches along the road then he looked at me and started laughing son you have no clue what they are do you   nope   they are truck runaway ramps when they loose there brakes talk about looking like a donkey  :D

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: coxy on June 29, 2017, 05:22:02 AM
Quote from: mike_belben on June 28, 2017, 03:49:41 PM

NY has plenty of steep
the hawks nest isn't that bad  :) they are truck runaway ramps when they loose there brakes

I travel 55 miles up to my property.  The elevation change is 5,000' and 2,000 feet happens in the last 15 miles with half of it being downhill so you know there are some steep hills there.  There are two truck runaway "ramps" of gravel about 1/8 mile long with 3 or 4 huge piles of gravel at the end should they make it that far.  I've seen a few trucks getting hauled out of them - they never make it more than 150-200 feet.  One of the "ramps" has a curve to it!  I can't imagine hitting gravel at 70-80 miles an hour AND having to follow a curve! :o
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Thank You Sponsors!