iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

:D :D
She didn't mind them being dragged through the mud?

What kind of fence will the sticks make?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

NH-Murph

She mentioned something about mud, but I musta had my ear muffs on ;)

This is the fence so far...

Still working on it.  Doing a couple acre clear cut to make a pasture, so we're doing some fences like this since it's free material.

coxy

lynde37avery

Detroit WHAT?

Maine logger88

Cool fence! Lynde where do you send your hemlock pulp?
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

lynde37avery

CT mulch. I like the work. Keeps my belly full and gas in the truck. Happy 4th!
Detroit WHAT?

Maine logger88

So they grind up the hemlock for mulch? I have also been cutting hemlock pulp as well as what few logs are in it. The stuff I'm cutting is old and going by but it's big and adds up fast. Like you say it pays the bills!

Straightgrain

I was currently cutting roots; running water and power from the new well through the woodlot.

"We fight for and against not men and things as they are, but for and against the caricatures we make of them". Joseph Schumpeter

ehp

ehp

starting to get a black heart , not good the mill doesnot like black heart to much

ehp

ehp

more of this low dollar black walnut  :D, Got about 10 or so of these trees to cut in this one corner , not worth much here but is big so adds up fast

Maine logger88

Maine logger88

And a before and after pic of a little clearing

treeslayer2003

Quote from: ehp on July 10, 2015, 06:56:02 PM

more of this low dollar black walnut  :D, Got about 10 or so of these trees to cut in this one corner , not worth much here but is big so adds up fast
looks like tulip. should get at least .40 .60 average

dnash

That's cottonwood...the price is pretty well half your guess.
JD 440C
JD 640D
Timberjack 205HR
JD 329E skidsteer
JD CT322 skidsteer

ehp

yep pretty much crap here but its marked so its got to go , good thinbg only about 15 of them , have cut some nice white soft maple thou ,

nhlogga

Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

Maine logger88

Thanks! It's kinda fun in a grove like that just start in the back and go for it. I guess he wants it about 3 times larger now  8)

treeslayer2003

Quote from: dnash on July 14, 2015, 05:02:18 PM
That's cottonwood...the price is pretty well half your guess.
it looks alot like tulip. but it probably don't grow that far north.

ehp

yes we have tulip here but this is not tulip, its got the correct colour but is way to soft . Most times cottonwood is more of a darker black or grey colour in the heart . Even tulip is not worth alot here . I find if both mills want the log then the price goes up alot , if only 1 mill wants it then its not worth much

dnash

Tulip isn't too common up here. I think we are right on the northern boundary of its growing range (north shore Lake Erie). There seem to be pockets of it here and there on the sandier ground.

EHP, cottonwood was paying $325 on the landing at the local pallet mill here but I hear rumors that they are recently in receivership. Are you putting that stuff into Townsend's or one of the Mennonite mills?
JD 440C
JD 640D
Timberjack 205HR
JD 329E skidsteer
JD CT322 skidsteer

treeslayer2003

Quote from: ehp on July 14, 2015, 09:10:49 PM
yes we have tulip here but this is not tulip, its got the correct colour but is way to soft . Most times cottonwood is more of a darker black or grey colour in the heart . Even tulip is not worth alot here . I find if both mills want the log then the price goes up alot , if only 1 mill wants it then its not worth much
most the tulip i cut gets exported for peeling. saw mills don't want alot of it, can't make ties.

ehp

Townsend does me very well and treats me very good to , I find once I pay the trucking to send to other mills on lower grade stuff I make more money with Townsend and can have their truck here when ever I need it . Porter right now is getting the soft maple but he is also paying I think big money for it . I always seem to be not to far from the water on Lake Erie , bad in the winter time cause of the dam high wind and bad in the summer time cause of all the ticks but there is good timber there

ehp

I cut very little cottonwood/poplar/tulip per year and honestly just as soon not see it at all , not alot of money to be made in it for me . I'm kind of surprised that not much black oak in the bush which is pretty common in this area

Thank You Sponsors!