iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treeslayer2003

straightgrain, big sticks for that puller........you must be a good operator to get it done.

treeslayer2003

so il logger

That's some nice timber your'e cutting mike, too soft around here to skid just been falling for when it ever dries up.

so il logger

Fun Fun... Stay safe out there fella's

coxy

nice wood  what kind of tree is that with the white limbs in the 3rd pic  it looks like what I have always called button ball cause of the white flowers it gets on it

Straightgrain

This very-well may be my favorite thread to visit; simply enjoy seeing the "Beefy" skidders and other heavy equipment in these posts.  :o

The hardwoods you guys are cutting are gorgeous; one of the aspects of the Eastern states I miss the most, is being in the woods where the hardwoods prevail.

I don't-yet have the ability to line-up the opposing kurfs on the trees that are larger than my 28" bar ::) it's hard enough on my old elbows to hold the saw up long enough to line-up the cuts...perhaps I could use one of those gate wheels mounted to my bar? ;D
"We fight for and against not men and things as they are, but for and against the caricatures we make of them". Joseph Schumpeter

g_man

Quote from: Straightgrain on April 17, 2015, 07:50:15 PM
My nine dollar phone doesn't take the best pictures but here they are..

I actually got some work done today; forwarded all the logs I had on the ground onto my upper and lower decks, and I felled and processed two more trees this afternoon. The 21 footers were quite-heavy for my 28H/P, I needed some temporary counter weight for some of them.

Your doing some nice work there straightgrain. I like the look of your woods from all your work.

ga jones

380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

treeslayer2003

nice wood Jones, rings sure are far apart on the one. surprised you can work that close to water,i have to fall away from a waterway if i can cut it.

ga jones

Thanks bud. It's a lot clear on a private lake 100 foot x 150. 28 saw log trees. I'll let you know the yield.nice tulip you get into down there.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

Ed_K

Never mind the water, I would have hit the boat  :o with the luck I'm blessed with  ;D .
Ed K

lopet

Quote from: so il logger on April 18, 2015, 01:26:03 AM

The Stihl saw looks kinda small compared to those big trunks. Is that a 24" bar ? Was just about big enough  :)
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Maine logger88

79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

so il logger

Quote from: lopet on April 18, 2015, 09:08:42 PM
Quote from: so il logger on April 18, 2015, 01:26:03 AM

The Stihl saw looks kinda small compared to those big trunks. Is that a 24" bar ? Was just about big enough  :)

Yes 24 inch bar on the 660, 20 on the 395. Run into a few where a longer bar would be handy, but still manage to get them down without much fiber pull

so il logger

Quote from: coxy on April 18, 2015, 08:45:26 AM
nice wood  what kind of tree is that with the white limbs in the 3rd pic  it looks like what I have always called button ball cause of the white flowers it gets on it
Sycamore has the white limb's here, cut's nice

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Maine logger88 on April 18, 2015, 10:24:07 PM
Some nice looking stuff there!
X2.  :D   its not rare, but uncommon around here to get a lot with super nice stuff all over. Maybe 1x real great one for every 50-100 you cut, the woods where so high graded around here the good stuffs hidden. Ive got a couple very nice ash to slay this time home that go over 30" on the stump.

treeslayer2003

Quote from: so il logger on April 19, 2015, 12:16:02 AM
Quote from: coxy on April 18, 2015, 08:45:26 AM
Sycamore has the white limb's here, cut's nice
i didn't even notice it was a sycamore lol, its lighter colored than ours. do you get any more than a tie price?

ga jones

That's a good question  treeslayer. Sycamore is pallet here 20 cents a foot.

so il logger

Some sycamore around here get's quarter sawn and graded. But yes mainly tie material and crane mat. A mill here in my home town is paying 45 cent's a foot doyle scale for 16' 18' 20', he builds crane mat's. On the shorter length's 24 cnt's is common. I'm not sure how long the market will hold for them prices but pretty good at the time.

treeslayer2003

Jon yer getting a little bit more than i can. Jones......20? dang, it may be better for fire wood. i can't sell logs for .20 and pay good money for it.

BargeMonkey

3800ish bft ft mixed ld right now is averaging 1900-2100 a load of Ash,HM,Sm, so roughly better than .50 a bft which isnt great but covers costs. Few oak loads brought 12-1300, felt sick cutting it at the prices of oak right now but they wanted it done. Had 3 people stop, and 1 woman attach a note to my FW pile wanting to buy a ld of log length, figured they could buy a "LOAD" of logs for 4-500 bucks, i almost fell over in laughter. Seeing prices of 120-140 a cord right now for log length from guys local who do it. Anything #3 and up is going in the piles now.

ga jones

There's not much of it here. You only see it in the stream bottoms.

ga jones

Barge monkey those averages seem low. Not much quality? I know where we hunt in NY there isn't any quality to the trees. Pimples suckers on maple  crooked cherry no oaks.the large cherry the state leaves to seed and die.

Maine logger88

Well normally I post good wood but to show you guys I'm not spoiled I'll show you this little clearing job. I must have 25 hitches in a tri axle load lol
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

lopet

I have hitches like that all the time. :D
But it then makes you feel much better, when you have a " real " hitch once every while. ;D
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Thank You Sponsors!