iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul case

We got all our hay in the bale finishing just yesterday. I hurt my leg jumping for joy! ;D  We made 490 round bales and 300 some small square bales. Glad it is done. I liked to sweat myself half to death the last few days.

I hope the new plan works out for you bargemonkey. I sure do enjoy working for myself.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

barbender

It has to feel good getting off the boats, Barge. I held on to the security of a job I didn't like for years, finally jumped ship (no pun intended😊) and I couldn't be happier. I'm not self employed, but I do love my job now. I've said it before, I admire your drive and all the different enterprises you have going- I couldn't keep it all straight!
Too many irons in the fire

teakwood

the guys from the state electrical company are dropping trees out side my finca and i can have the wood for cheap because i made a deal with the local school, they have the right for that wood but don't have the money nether the equipment to work those trees.
After watching how they drop several trees !beaver style! (make one 45 degree cut on one side and another 45 degree cut on the other side and run for you live) i went home and geared up and show them how to fall a tree correctly (and i am not really experienced with falling large diam trees)
It's a tropical cedar

the yellow guys are from the electrical company (it's incredible that a company with 15k employees and at least 300 fallers don't have one single expert in that field who can gave them training!!)

it's aprox 50" diam

we will see if my 540 can handle the main log :D or if i have to cut it in pieces. on such trees i sure regret that i sold my 088 with the 36" bar

just the branches will throw a ton of timber

nobody is perfect! Have you ever stuck two saws in a tree and had to go back to get a third saw?? ::)

National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

mike_belben

Not since i started pounding a wedge in above my saw when bucking.

Nice tree.  I wonder how many powerlines the state electric company has taken out that way.  :D
Praise The Lord

coxy

:D :D I got you beat teakwood about 25 years ago I stuck 2 saws and wrapped  a skidder around a tree trying to get the saws unstuck and one MAD dad  :D it happens just another day in paradise  8) I would rather be getting saws unstuck then sitting in an office some place  ;D  just like when people tell me they have never split a tree  ::) I tell them you haven't cut to many then have you 

ehp

Barge , you will be fine but you know that . Every area has guys that think their the Wood Mafia and everything goes well for them until they run into the wrong logger LOL,

lopet

Quote from: teakwood on July 29, 2017, 09:38:19 AM
nobody is perfect! Have you ever stuck two saws in a tree and had to go back to get a third saw?? ::)

Don't wanna go there. Haaa
Good job on the tutoring, not tying to criticize but the notch could be a little lower as you have all the rood flares trimmed off.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

OH logger

Quote from: coxy on July 29, 2017, 01:43:47 PM
:D :D I got you beat teakwood about 25 years ago I stuck 2 saws and wrapped  a skidder around a tree trying to get the saws unstuck and one MAD dad  :D it happens just another day in paradise  8) I would rather be getting saws unstuck then sitting in an office some place  ;D  just like when people tell me they have never split a tree  ::) I tell them you haven't cut to many then have you 

I like the landowners that tell me the same thing. if I tell them I get a new saw every year or 2 and they look at me funny and they respond by sayin "I've got the same old saw that my dad gave me and its 30 years old and is still runnin". I always want to ask them "how many hours are on it? 30 maybe?"
john

teakwood

lopet:
you're right, but i was a little bit nervous and just did it where it felt comfortable and as i explained them some days earlier different falling technics and chain saw stuff they might have felt that i'm just a bigmouth :D :D. so i HAD to do it wright and was under a little bit of pressure. But after the tree wen't perfectly they where really impressed and taped my shoulders with a "dang, you really know how to handle a saw". 
As i said, i'm not experienced with big trees and almost never did a notch were the bar just reached half of the cut (25" bar)
the heck, i bought that tree for  150$ ;D ;D, probably will bring me 10 m3 of timber

There is another 45" waiting further ahead that i also negotiated for another 150$   

thecfarm

Home owners tractors people are the same way.
They will say that they had a tractor for 10 years and never had any problems with it. I ask,how many hours? and it won't even have 1000 on it.  ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

BargeMonkey

Couple pictures from the last few days, been going like a savage. Cut wood till 1pm today then on to the hay field, finished the wrapped hay now just dry and what square we have left to do.

<br
Not massive oak but pretty nice for around here, couple load of them on this job, the good wood is down in the bottom, mostly firewood and redpine on the top. 

Took the 440 to do a small clean up job today. 

Beautiful redpine, kind of had a house and garage to worry about so had to set them kind of crooked for the skidder. 

Still have a pile of wood to haul off that job, bring the excavator and dozer up the end of the week hopefully and clean the header off. We have 2-4 trucks down to the dam project so im out of the house at 330 tomorrow. 😂

BargeMonkey

Quote from: coxy on July 29, 2017, 01:43:47 PM
We had 3 stuck one day, it wasnt funny. The best one lately was when i got my Timbco stuck a few yrs ago and had to leave it for 4 months till the ground dried out, got screamed at pretty good for that one. 😂

Ron Scott

Have had the 2 saws stuck experience. Glad that I have 3 saws.  ;)
~Ron

barbender

Barge, are you ever not going like a savage?
Too many irons in the fire

coxy

what where is all the mud   I have one job I haven't worked at in 3 weeks looks like Niagara falls over there  just as soon as it gets some what dry it rains 4in for 3 more days  >:( >:( >:(

OH logger

from the looks of some of his latest pics it looks like bargemonkey is doin residential tree removals!!  ;D mayme now that you are off the boat you should change your name to logmonkey  ;)
john

g_man

Stoneyacrefarm

How about Timbermonkey.
Or  Woodmonkey.
Bargemonkey has to go.
I got it.
Workswaytoohardmakesuslookbadmonkey.
That's it.
Just kidding.
Love reading your posts barge.
Gets me fired up when I see how much you do.
Keep up the good work.  8) 8) 8)
Work hard. Be rewarded.

Ed_K

Yes, gets me fired up also. Then I get out there and find out I can't do it  :(    ;D .
Ed K

teakwood

Finally some dry days. the main log came up pretty easy.

That's a 25" bar on the 066

That's the limit for my little saw, but it's a pretty good block. 22" x 22"

Beautiful quarter sawn boards

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

coxy

teakwood

why do you think that coxy? i counted 52years and the growth rings are between 5-10mm (3/16 - 3/8"), thats normal around here.

paul case

WOW. Those trees grow fast there. Some of the oaks here have 10 to 15 rings per inch.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

coxy

in pic 13-14 they look like they are an inch or more

Thank You Sponsors!