iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gearbox

Barge praise him  and let him do a little more man work each time he is there . Get him in a machine every time he helps . My grand kids can run most of my machines . Not that they want to .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

David-L

Mud season is here and the fixing begins. Workin on the Mack for a bit then move to the skidder for some needed repair. New king pin for the drivers side on the Mack, wont' pass inspection. So far so good.

In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

coxy

Quote from: Gearbox on March 28, 2017, 07:29:33 AM
Barge praise him  and let him do a little more man work each time he is there . Get him in a machine every time he helps . My grand kids can run most of my machines . Not that they want to .
that's what I always wanted to do when I was young run machinery now I hate it hate the skidder  dozer and skid steer just give me my chain saw and I'm happy

BargeMonkey

I tell my oldest all the time that his sister will probably work harder. 😂 he's a good kid but it's taken a while to break the video game habit.
I don't know how many of you guys are playing in the mud, it looks worse than it really is but I had to take the wheeler today, truck never would have made it in. Basically done on this job, of course I've got the slasher buried and now issues with my logtruck, tear into that tomorrow. 

snowstorm

an arctic cat?how far did you get before it broke down? i stopped in at a large for here cat dealer looking at side x side,s. not a cat in the place. i asked are they that bad his answer yup

Woodhauler

Quote from: snowstorm on March 29, 2017, 06:46:58 AM
an arctic cat?how far did you get before it broke down? i stopped in at a large for here cat dealer looking at side x side,s. not a cat in the place. i asked are they that bad his answer yup
Now aint you hatefull! Proberly polishing that new Polaris general in the garage! Weather sounds iffy for weekend.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

coxy

Quote from: snowstorm on March 29, 2017, 06:46:58 AM
:D :D I didn't want to hurt barges feelings by saying that same thing and Polaris is the same way

fishpharmer

Bargemonkey, nice pics! 

Snowstorm, The dealer prob didn't want to tell you that they can't compete with the number one artic cat dealer, Bass Pro Shops.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Gearbox

I once had a Polaris dealer who handled other brands . He said if he lost his Polaris dealership he would have to lay off 3 mechanics . He only had 4 .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

snowstorm

I have 3 polaris sleds 2  4 wheelers a victory and a new general. Never had much trouble with any of them

BargeMonkey

Im a Polaris sled fan, never cared for their wheelers. The only good wheeler to ever come out of Polaris was the sportsman line and they still wherent equal to a kawasaki Brute force in my opinion. Another local guy bought that machine brand new in 07 ? And got into some financial trouble, long story short I bought it pretty right with no time on it, been a real good machine, tows my wood wagon with 1/3-1/2 cord of wood around pretty good.

barbender

I bought a new Polaris Sportsman 500 back in '99. Polaris had a poor reputation for reliability, but no one else made a machine comparable to it at the time. I always planned on getting rid of it before it gave me any problems, well, I still have it. And it never gave me any problems, it's been a really good machine.
Too many irons in the fire

Oliver05262

David-L how's that king pin job coming along? Nice clean and warm work area, but I can't figure out what that pistol has to do with the job????????????
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

David-L

Oliver, its going back together today, been waiting for a warmish day as I am in a unheated space. The firearm is for a rabid raccoon that is wandering around the farm and wanted to be sure I had something to deal with him. He or she has been eating all my barn cats food the bugger.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

BurkettvilleBob

Quote from: Oliver05262 on March 29, 2017, 10:29:50 PM
David-L how's that king pin job coming along? Nice clean and warm work area, but I can't figure out what that pistol has to do with the job????????????

I figured it was to wave around at the old lady when she gave him a hard time for working on the dining room table!

lopet

Quote from: BurkettvilleBob on March 30, 2017, 06:54:45 AM
I figured it was to wave around at the old lady when she gave him a hard time for working on the dining room table!

I think David is single.   He can do what he wants.  8) 8)  Not like the rest of us. :(
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

BargeMonkey

Everyone I talk to is having issues and down for repairs, got to be something in the air. Got a "gold" level kit coming for my logtruck, 😐 you want to hang on when you price a platinum. 😂 I had to fight in 4wd down hill to wade out from my header today, this sucks. Had to go drive truck and still got stuck. 😂

6-8" of snow tonight to top it off 😂

Set of horns we picked up tonight, spring is coming.

1270d

BargeMonkey

Quote from: 1270d on March 30, 2017, 10:51:48 PM
You have an elk farm?
I want to say there's 28? Of them outback right now. The plan when my parents got into it was to get up around 100 and ship 20 a yr. Velvet was over 100.00 a pound at that time, a decent bull will cut 25+lbs a yr. CWD effected alot of things and hurt the market, we haven't cut horns for velvet in a long time, we really only do it now with a problem bull. We have a special barn built with shutes and a hydraulic squeeze for handling them. We have been trying to get more fence up the last couple yrs and it's always been something, with mud season I really would like to pound some more fence next week. When they are in the rut they will try and gore you thru the fence if it's a nasty bull, cow with a calf is worse, they will gang up and stomp you to death, front feet come up so quick you wouldn't see it coming.
That's a few days ago, the big bull standing at the feeder on the hill. 

Alot of people still don't know they are here, the bugle echoes for miles and when you have 2 bulls across from each other it's almost constant. Have guys up hunting in the state woods and hear an elk bugle and they can't figure it out. 😂
Picture of a friend of mine off the boat and I with one from a few yrs ago. 

This guy is a retired US marshal, goes all over hunting anything that lives. That's the fastest I've ever seen one die, he went about 100yd, turned around, looked at us and flopped over. 

GRANITEstateMP

Those are some big animals!  Don't get to see any of them around here in NH.
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

barbender

Barge, do you have a coin collection or anything like that that you tend to in your spare time?😂
Too many irons in the fire

Corley5

I was thinking he needed a hobby too  ;D 8) :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

GRANITEstateMP

Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

ehp

OH Barge has a hobby , chasing skirt , its almost a full time job  ;D

North River Energy

^Scrapbooking, FTW.

Quote from: GRANITEstateMP on April 01, 2017, 09:26:16 AM
Those are some big animals!  Don't get to see any of them around here in NH.
There used to be an outfit over on Wednesday Hill Rd in Lee, Velvet Acres? Thought that was Elk, but maybe not.

Thank You Sponsors!