iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Nor 'easter on the way, How are you preparing for it?

Started by rick f, January 26, 2015, 05:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

don't understand   the weather man said it was coming a few weeks ago it came   at no point did I here him say when it was leaving  :o :D

snowstorm

rick f

about 5" here but the wind is blowing.  I'm glad it was a dud. 8)
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

sprucebunny

Only 2-3" on the ME/NH border near Conway.
Had a quick blast of East wind a little while ago but calm again.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

dsgsr

I would not count it out just yet, It's still in the Gulf of Maine Spinning.

David
Northlander band mill
Kubota M59 TLB
Takeuchi TB175 Excavator
'08 Ford 550 dump
'87 International Dump
2015 Miller 325 Trailblazer Welder/Gen

FarmingSawyer

Getting hammered here on the coast. I'm 5 miles inland and the wind is some fierce. Been snowing pretty steady since noon Saturday, but it's light, fine snow. I think we may have gotten 6" over-night, hard to tell. The wind is picking up snow left by last storm and moving it all over the place. Can't seem my thermometers as they're drifted in and I don't feel like wading through 4feet of snow to clear em. I'd day it's below 10˚ out there without the wind.

Tried to get some logs out last week, but couldn't make much forward progress. At least one out of every 5 trees I tried to fell was in 5 feet of snow. My saws took a beating starving for air in a snow pit. I strongly dislike limbing and bucking while standing on the tree....but it was the only way to make progress without wearing myself out. Snowshoes might help, but not with getting on and off the tractor so much. This weather is killin us one-man shows......
Thomas 8020, Stihl 039, Stihl 036, Homelite Super EZ, Case 385, Team of Drafts

DeerMeadowFarm

Had about 4" on the ground when I came in from the barn last night. Not sure how much more we got overnight, but it's blowing to beat the band and still coming down here. 15 degrees out.

Maine logger88

We only got a few inches so far  8) Hope we don't get much more!
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Southside

The wind started to scream down here last night and has not let up.  There was literally barely a dusting of snow last night and the local news folks made a giant deal out of it.  Now they are calling for a foot for us out of this next storm on Tuesday, that will be interesting. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

NITRO313jh

Well here in  N.E.PA 4-6 inches . Now just dealing with Wind and cold temps (12 f )Blowing snow ! OWB is working well . Still wood in the pile so We are good . Back Home NH looks like they were making out OK. Foot of Snow in Concord . 4 to 6 inches in Conway . Not looking forward to the rest of the week . Snow and Cold temps. Five more weeks of winter LOL :) :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:

rick f

Still lite snow with winds up to 50 mph, average is about 30 right now. 12 degrees here in Columbia falls. Looks like the maritimes are under the big gun. I'd bet there going to get hammered hard, good luck to them all and stay safe.
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

FarmingSawyer

They just downgraded the storm. Looks like we missed the most of it.....until the next one.
Thomas 8020, Stihl 039, Stihl 036, Homelite Super EZ, Case 385, Team of Drafts

SwampDonkey

It's windy here , but the snow is subsiding. Didn't get much more than 5" inches.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ryan D

We got pounded here. Around 18" of snow, then got warm and rained for a bit. A lot of the main roads in Halifax flooded because the storm drains are blocked and now the temp is back down to well below freezing. Roads are skating rinks. They are asking everyone to just stay inside for the next 24hrs.

furltech

we are about the same as Ryan D here .Prob never going to get back to the woods . :D

Skidder Kev

From what I have seen it hasn't been a very nice winter for you guys Ryan. The roads have to be a mess now after all that rain and then the freezing.

Thank You Sponsors!