iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

CB e2400 Solenoid sticking

Started by mojamboo, January 25, 2015, 08:09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mojamboo

we have a e2400 which was installed the fall of 2011. This seasons we had issues with our secondary solenoid which our local dealer traced back to the control board outputting incorrect power as it was blowing fuses and not getting the correct voltage at the solenoid. Once we replaced both the solenoid and the control board everything worked till a week later and the primary solenoid (top) keep getting stuck open at the end of a burn cycle which causes the water to get too hot. If you tap the solenoid with your finger it closes. we replaced the solenoid and things worked fine. But now again only a month later the new solenoid is sticking...so why would I need to replace the solenoid after only a month? is there another issue causing the solenoids to go bad? there is no voltage going to the solenoid when stuck open and it doesn't take much at all to tap it closed.

some history this is the third control board and third solenoid and second circulator pump we are on for this boiler since we had it installed. all separate issues but has anyone had this many issues? did we get a lemon? what else could be causing these issues.

beenthere

Sticking solenoid sounds like a solenoid problem... might try some different brands, or style.

The "lemon" part might be the quality control of the parts you are having to replace, or how things are hooked up between the parts. Not fun to have to poke at such problems to get it to work. Just need to be persistent.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

mojamboo

these are solenoids from central boiler. anything else I can test to see what problems might be? how do I test the solenoid to see if its bad without just blindly replacing them every month? besides the control panel what else is there that could go wrong? is it internal wiring that needs to be diagnosed?

thank you

Ivan49

I don't know what your selnoid looks like but when in the damper closed position clean the part the moves in and out on it. Then spray it with silicone spray. Make sure the alinement in correct also if it isn't it will cause a bind. I just went thru the same thing on my woodmaster

sam-tip

I added spring kit on all my flaps to close them once power is off at the solenoid.  It is a central boiler part.  My 3200 is 2011 also.  I had similar problem with boards and switched controler to the green wireless controller and have no more issues. 
Central Boiler E3200 WiFi
Many many ported chainsaws. 201 to 3120
TM log splitter pro30 6 way head
D&L 1020 swing blade sawmill for slabbing
Timberking 1220

mojamboo

our solenoid looks like this. there isn't much to adjust. what would I adjust to keep it from sticking? do I need to adjust the bolts so that the solenoid is perfectly level? I installed this solenoid to match the one taken out.

Ivan49

That is similar to mine. If you look at the picture the part that lifts the door sits on an angle and when the door is open it looks as if it may bind a bit. Try loosening the bolts and see if you can get that more in line with the door that it lifts

garret

My E2400 (2015 build) has a return spring that simply loops around the primary elbow.  It has a pretty firm tension on opening.  I would estimate 2-3 lbs of force. 
E-Classic 2400 comfortably heating 4,200 sq.ft. and unlimited DHW, Off-grid, Photovoltaic-powered pumps in gloomy SW PA , 34 t splitter, numerous Husky chainsaws

sam-tip

Central Boiler E3200 WiFi
Many many ported chainsaws. 201 to 3120
TM log splitter pro30 6 way head
D&L 1020 swing blade sawmill for slabbing
Timberking 1220

ohiowoodchuck

I don't have a central boiler, but have the same solenoid as in the picture. I spray mine down with wd-40 or pb blaster as well as the hinges every week. I haven't had no trouble yet.
Education is the best defense against the media.

beenthere

Don't miss out on what the Blue Creeper can do for you... I'm betting much better than either WD-40 or PB. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ohiowoodchuck

Quote from: beenthere on January 27, 2015, 02:10:23 PM
Don't miss out on what the Blue Creeper can do for you... I'm betting much better than either WD-40 or PB.
I wish I had some to try a couple weekends ago when I was removing the exhaust mainifold off of my 7.3 powerstroke, but the ol blue wrench got them out.
Education is the best defense against the media.

Thank You Sponsors!