iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

190 gearmatic problems on C7D Treefarmer

Started by jonesjco, January 24, 2015, 07:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonesjco

I am looking at a gearmatic for a customer its a 190 on a treefarmer the winch has its own hydraulic tank and a piston pump that runs off the pinion in the winch to operate the controls instead of the master cylinder controller that I am familiar with. The problem with this one is that the pump will not pump oil it has 0 pressure, 0 flow, wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Parts for this winch are a problem. Paccar tells me that pump housing and the piston is no longer available i haven't removed the pump yet. If it is something simple i will take it out but if not I recommended to the customer that we remove it and install a 119 instead. I don't want the customer throwing good money after bad. Looking forward to any info I can get on this winch
Gearmatic: 9 little letters that spell big aggravation

lopet

I have seen conversions being made with belt driven pumps from the engine pulley. That will require a bit of tinkering but it can be done .   If you you have a 119 kicking around, that might be easier and quicker . Just sayn
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Thank You Sponsors!