iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Best place to buy Band Blade??!

Started by br549, January 23, 2015, 09:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

br549

I have so many logs piled up and down to so few blades. I use a Lumbermate 2000 with 12 foot blades. Looking for a blade that'll saw in hard or soft wood and not extra worried about finnish. Its been years since we ordered any and I have no idea where to get the best prices. Not looking for just the cheapest blade but a good priced blade that'll cut a lot of lumber. Hope yall have some good stores in mind as I need to get some sawdust on the ground :laugh:

mikeb1079

many band manufacturers out there, one thing to consider is sharpening.  the reason why alot of us use cooks or woodmizer is b/c they have a re-sharpening service.  i've been very happy with woodmizer bands, good variety, good price, good performance!!
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

alsayyed

I used to use one kind of brand in the past lately I have switched to woodmizer  blades, and I am happy with their blades I have to run the blades through very hard and dry wood and still cutting good. But never tried to sharpen one to see what dose it look like after sharpening.  Good luck

Migal

alsayyed
             I use Log Master,Cooks, and Lenox  :-[ a bit on the Lenox Dan sent me 3 and I have been saving them for a special log so I could give em a fair review. My bad not their's. right now I've used the cooks more than the others because my adjustment's are already set to them. I believe all are good. I live in East Texas and saw SYP R/W Oak WRC Black Walnut with no problem's I can blame on the band's.
                                                                                                                                      Migal
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

york

Hi,
You say your Band`s are 12 foot? make sure about the length,sound`s kinda short......
Albert

bandmiller2

549, all the major bands are good, some mills like one brand better than the others. Where are you located, sometimes theirs a local business that sells and sharpens. If you sharpen your own you have greater latitude and can use any brand. When I started several co.'s sent me bands to try free, don't know if that's still done. As the guys have said WM and Cooks sell and sharpen their both very good bands. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

dgdrls

Good morning BR549,

look on the left side of the page, any one of the supporting
shops that do bands will help you and will do a fine job 

DGDrls

MSSawmill

Quote from: dgdrls on January 24, 2015, 08:45:53 AM
Good morning BR549,

look on the left side of the page, any one of the supporting
shops that do bands will help you and will do a fine job 

DGDrls

Agreed. I've worked with Menominee and Cook's. Both were excellent! We prefer the Cook's blades, but the Lennox blades were good, too.
Home-built bandsaw mill
2004 Kubota M110 with LA1301 loader

Sawyer697

Wood-Mizer blades and resharp service, If the blade is not sharp and set right, you can not use the full power and speed your mill is designed for.
1997 LTHD40G24 WM Mill. 640 Bobcat. 555 ford Backhoe, Husky 365XP
40 Acres Foresty
Custom Sawing in Geauga and Lake County
Build my own solar kiln
Build Furniture, Out Buildings
Bee Keeper, Love My Lord

DeepWoods

I have a LumberMate 2000 as well, with a 23 HP Briggs engine, and I can confirm that they are indeed 12 foot bands.  I have used Munksforsager bands that I purchased from a company in Georgia.  The last time I ordered them, only the price of shipping had increased from eight years earlier.   I am very satisfied with them, and the seem to resharpen well with my Cats Claw sharpener.  For the amount I cut I have no reason to switch to another brand at this time.
Norwood LM2000 with 23 HP Briggs and 21 foot track, Hand Built Logging Arch, Cooks Cat Claw Sharpener and Setter. 48" Xtreme Duty Logrite Cant Hook.

Thank You Sponsors!