iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forwarders

Started by Polish Hammer, January 22, 2015, 11:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polish Hammer

I'm looking at a john Deere 1710 d 8 wheel drive with tracks on all 4 corners
And a valmet 890.3 8 wheel drive and tracks also. Anyone run either of these machines ? Pros and cons ? There both priced around the same and both are ready to work? Need some feed back. Thanks
Cat 322c fmhw with waratah 622, Komatsu PC200-7 FM with waratah 622b, Timberjack 450b grapple, timberjack 660c grapple, Tigercat 630c grapple, John Deere 853j Buncher, echo saws

1270d

I have no experience with 1710, but have with some of the smaller timberjack/Deere forwarders.   Check the bogie bearings, center pins, and crane base.   

Polish Hammer

How do you like the timber jacks and Deere? Are they easy to operate ? Do they beat you up? Fuel consumption? Both machines I'm looking at check out and are ready to work just don't know what to pick. I'm a komatsu guy so I'm leaning toward the valmet.
Cat 322c fmhw with waratah 622, Komatsu PC200-7 FM with waratah 622b, Timberjack 450b grapple, timberjack 660c grapple, Tigercat 630c grapple, John Deere 853j Buncher, echo saws

1270d

I don't see you getting beat up at all.   The cab on the Deere machines is pretty small. (Non e series).  I know some guys withquite a bit of time in both Deere and valmet forwarders and they recommend a red machine from an operators point of view.  Controls should be very similar on both machines.   

My only experience  in the 8w class as far as fuel consumption is the 1110 TJ with a 6068.  Its using around 3- 3.5 gallons an hour.

Jhenderson

All I know is I always thought green parts were expensive, until I heard some Kamatsu stories.

Thank You Sponsors!