iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Future project! 1949 Tucker Sno-cat

Started by loggah, January 19, 2015, 05:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisconsintimber

Neat find!  I have always thought it would be fun to have an old sno-cat.  Never saw one that old though.  Cool!

loggah

No its frozen in place for the winter! i did take off some parts that were worn out and i will have them ready to replace in spring. I also pulled the plugs and dumped some marvel mystery oil in the cylinders i figured it might as well be trying to free up while its sitting. ;D its the 59th one made.  Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

scully

That is a very cool project ! I have seen pics of allot of those type machines never in person . I would love to have one !
I bleed orange  .

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

loggah

newest tucker update!!! been finished for a while had to finish it before i could get back on the "Cleve West special Diesel lombard.We nicknamed it the "RAT CAT" !! My wife is now on strike for uploading the pictures to the forum so heres a link to our pbase acct. ;D

NOTE FROM ADMIN  PHOTOS MUST BE IN A FORESTRY FORUM GALLERY.

Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

shinnlinger

So it is actually running?   Impressive!

Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

loggah

All running and functioning !! i considered painting it,but the old guy that used to run it for Gliddens is still kicking,at 89 years old so the Glidden ski tow will be left on it.the engine had every exhaust valve stuck when i pulled the head.

scsmith42

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

shinnlinger

Cole Transportation Museum in Bangor also had a Tucker....

Shinnlinger

thecfarm

shinnlinger,should of up JohnM when you was up there, He's only about 15-20 minutes away. I'm about 2 hours,but could of seen me too!
I stopped in there with a couple friends. We was on our way to a Black Bear baseball game. We did not leave enough time to see the whole thing. We was in there for a couple hours. It takes time to look all that great stuff over.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

loggah

Nice, A lot of early tuckers were bought by power companies to do winter maintenance,they did a good job on the restoration. :)

shinnlinger

It was nicely done but I don't see how 6 guys with their gear would fit in one!   Narrow!   How do you fit in yours?
Shinnlinger

loggah

Dave,Well,Its only 34" wide inside the doors ! ;D so ,i could  fit with about enough room for a 60-70 lb person "KID" beside me. The back seat is a few inches wider and two medium sized adults could fit there. ;D these old tuckers were not made for guys our size. ;D ;D

shinnlinger

You got enough snow yet to run this thing?
Shinnlinger

loggah

Dave,Not really !!!!! winter seemed to have missed us this year  >:( >:( i have taken the 2 tuckers,tucker trailer,passepartout,and diesel lombard up to thornton at Dirt designs shop for a vintage snowmobile,snow groomer,and ford snowmobile show this weekend. It might end up being a show and tell,without much running them around because of lack of snow. there ill be 30+ machines up there,it will be a good time regardless. Don

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!