iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Northeastern Forest Products Expo event 2015

Started by DeerMeadowFarm, January 19, 2015, 03:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

Back in the 80's I would "yard" logs for several different sawmills and customers. All I had was a tractor with a front bucket. So we built a log sled to pull behind the tractor. We'd drive up to each log, cut it to length and lift it up, carry to the sled and then drag the sled out. That way we'd keep the logs clean. The sawmills were very happy with out "clean" logs.
To make it easy to pull the sled back into the woods after unloading at the landing we had a set of chains on the back end so we'd pull it into the woods backwards and then reload.

I don't believe I have any pictures of it.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

kwendt

Very cool. I'll likely attend the Expo in Bangor...
87 acres abandoned northern Maine farm and forest to reclaim. 20 acres in fields, 55 acre woodlot: maple, spruce, cedar and mixed. Deer, bear, moose, fox, mink, snowshoe and lynx. So far: a 1950 Fergie TO-20, hand tools, and a forge. (And a husband!)

JohnM

Just an FYI, registration is open for the show (maybe it has been ???).  http://nefpexpo.net/  Free entry if you register now and have a biz name.  As always, looking forward to the show and maybe meeting some of you.
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

CTL logger

I'm going to the show flying up on Thursday to Boston then driving to bangor. Not feeling like driving 13 hours this year round trip airfare was 120 bucks, figured what the heck see how this goes.

thecfarm

@CTL logger,No way to go to Bangor airport??

@JohnM,thank ya much. By the way the biz name is not required. Don't want to get you know who going again this year.  ;)   ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

CTL logger

To fly directly to bangor airport it was 465 bucks from buffalo I'd have to rent a car anyway to fly buffalo to Boston  it was 120 bucks the wife is coming along so I guess it's 240 for us round trip. I wish it was less I'd fly right to bangor.

thecfarm

That's too bad on the cost. :( Looking forward to meeting you and your wife.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JohnM

Quote from: thecfarm on February 21, 2015, 07:27:28 PM
@JohnM,thank ya much. By the way the biz name is not required. Don't want to get you know who going again this year.  ;)   ;D
Yep, good catch Ray ( @thecfarm ), I just saw a bunch of red * so I filled in the biz name. ::)  I've got someone coming down from Canada for a demo on the Lucas (the slabbing attachment in particular) either the day before or day after the show (just now thinking we may do it Sat morning ???).  You or anyone else that may be around are welcome to come out for a look-see at the Lucas. ;D
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

thecfarm

John,get them to do the demo at the show.   8)  You could set your mill up there and slab away.

DeerMeadowFarm

Thanks for posting the update; I'll register ASAP. Who is going to the banquet?

sawyerf250

Quote from: DeerMeadowFarm on January 19, 2015, 03:39:09 PM
Show is in Bangor this year; May 15th & 16th

l hopefully will be going this year?! l missed it the last year it was in Bangor, but always try to go as it usually hits my birthday so its kind of a present to myself you could say?? lol
Massey Ferguson 375 w/838 loader, Wallenstien Fx 90 winch, 3 Husqvarna chainsaws

thecfarm

DeerMeadowFarm

Not me either I guess. The banquet is the day before. Looks like we will need to find someplace to eat for Friday night.

sawyerf250

How do you folks get it to notify the person you are trying to mention? And when you do that it notifies them?
Massey Ferguson 375 w/838 loader, Wallenstien Fx 90 winch, 3 Husqvarna chainsaws

thecfarm

@sawyerf250,just put an @ in front of a members user name,as I did with yours. I like to copy and paste the members user name. It must be exact to work.

sawyerf250

thecfarm

Just reading through this topic again. Looking forward to going.

Jim_Rogers

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

thecfarm

I would like or I plan on going both days. It really takes me both days to see it all. One day for the sawmills and one day for the logging.
I wonder if they will have free hotdogs again? I think it was at the Anderson booth? They sell logging equipment, big chippers.

DeerMeadowFarm

We'll be there both days. Looking forward to it!

kwendt

87 acres abandoned northern Maine farm and forest to reclaim. 20 acres in fields, 55 acre woodlot: maple, spruce, cedar and mixed. Deer, bear, moose, fox, mink, snowshoe and lynx. So far: a 1950 Fergie TO-20, hand tools, and a forge. (And a husband!)

thecfarm

Rely #2 has a link and it's free to get in,IF you sign up before the show. If you don't sign up early,I think,$7 and that is still worth it. They will send the card out in the mail,seem like 2-3 weeks before the show. It's a great show. Lots of small scale equipment to see,sawmills are there,big stuff too. What is handy,it's all at one place. Wear your walking shoes and you will be fine.

kwendt

thanks cfarm, I'm pre registered. I don't know if I can make it, but I'll try. If I come, that'll be three weekends in a row of 3 hours of drive to the Bangor area or so. lol. I'm SUPPOSED to be working... ya know. But if I can make it, ya ya!

I'll fire off a message here... when I'm coming if I can...

thecfarm

JohnM

Thank You Sponsors!