iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Northeastern Forest Products Expo event 2015

Started by DeerMeadowFarm, January 19, 2015, 03:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeerMeadowFarm

Jim_Rogers

Are you sure? I thought it was in Bangor last year.....

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

DeerMeadowFarm

Last year was in VT. I thought you went?

According to this link: http://nefpexpo.net/ it's in Bangor.

Jim_Rogers

A mind is a terrible thing to waste......

My wife says it's the first thing to go....

Jim Rogers

DeerMeadowFarm

thecfarm

I was just talking to @JohnM about the show. I hope to be there. I hope my job won't get in the way. I would like to go both days. I will have to put my name on the work calendar to get it off.
It's a great time each and every year.
Who's going?? I'll have my FF hat on.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jim_Rogers

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

DeerMeadowFarm

I'm going. Riding up Friday morning with my BIL and maybe my nephew. Staying overnight in Bangor, going back on Saturday for a while, then heading home.

thecfarm

@DeerMeadowFarm,I'll be in touch.  ;D  Looking forward to meeting you.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DeerMeadowFarm

Quote from: thecfarm on January 20, 2015, 09:27:42 AM
@DeerMeadowFarm,I'll be in touch.  ;D  Looking forward to meeting you.
Funny, I was just thinking the same thing! We've "talked" via PM over the years but never in person. Looking forward to it!

JohnM

I'll be there, not sure which day.  Hoping LCS will be there (hint-hint @Grandedog  )  ;) ;D

(How do you know if the notifaction thingy worked? ???  Maybe it doesn't show in the preview?  Guess I'll find out.....)
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

JohnM

Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

4x4American

Yup it was in Essex Junction last year.  Were any of yawl there at the WM tent when they did the owner appreciation thing?
Boy, back in my day..

DeerMeadowFarm

I was on a mission to buy a 3-point logging winch 4x4 so I missed it. Actually, there were a lot of things I probably missed/glossed over in my quest to get a winch. This year I hope to play around a lot more and dream big!

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

DeerMeadowFarm

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

FarmingSawyer

IF all goes well and I get some work and then ain't swamped with it, I will attend.....
Thomas 8020, Stihl 039, Stihl 036, Homelite Super EZ, Case 385, Team of Drafts

thecfarm

DeerMeadowFarm

thecfarm

I have the Norse 450. I did a search on yours. The 4501 looks just about like mine,just a diffeant paint scheme. Norse,Labonville, also sells a 350,like yours,just add a 1. That pivot butt plate and the high pulley,the chain boxes and I keep my twitch hooked up to the cable when I come out of the woods too, I like. Worked mine hard for 3-4 years in the woods with some big pine. Lives a life of ease just doing firewood. I made some 4 foot chains,6 of them,I run 6 chokers,and they are alot easier to use at times.

FarmingSawyer

I have got to get me one of those!!! I'm tired of hooking logs via cable and chain and dragging them out with the hooks on the bucket.
Thomas 8020, Stihl 039, Stihl 036, Homelite Super EZ, Case 385, Team of Drafts

DeerMeadowFarm

Quote from: FarmingSawyer on January 24, 2015, 07:07:12 AM
I have got to get me one of those!!! I'm tired of hooking logs via cable and chain and dragging them out with the hooks on the bucket.
That's what I was doing as well. Driving backwards out of the woods gets old fast!

beenthere

Pulled some firewood out yesterday but prefer to drive forward. Better traction for one, steering for another, and the process just goes a bit faster.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!