iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TJ 330 arrives today

Started by KWood255, January 19, 2015, 09:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KWood255

I just bought a TJ 330, 3-53 with the Allison trans, Herc winch. Basically the same as a 230, but with an auto ... The skidder seems really tight, and runs nice. The auto will take some getting used too, compared to my 215 and 240.

The only concern is the transmission pressure gauge was reading high, although I am not certain the gauge even works. Any ideas what would cause this?  Thanks.

deerguy

Hey KWood255 congratulations on the TJ330. Any idea what year yours is ?? I have a 330 as well and although I'm not logging full-time these days I still love to do the weekend warrior thing with it. Had it out yesterday just to hear that 353 scream.... My tranny gauge is all over the map with pressures and I haven't gotten around to changing it. My Allison will pull with all the power I want, often bringing the front end off the ground with a decent load on the back.
I have the complete parts book via email if you ever want it, simply send me a pm. I also have the Detroit Diesel 353 manual but that file is quite large and hard to email.

Enjoy the beast and get some pic's up so we can all have a look at 'er !!

Deerguy
I knew she was a keeper when she told me to buy the old skidder !!!!!

KWood255

Sounds great, thanks for the reply. I will post a few pics as soon as I can figure it out again.

Decked

pics ?....pics !....PICS !!!!

KWood255

Anybody have any suggestions on adding photos from an IPad?  Thanks. 

beenthere

Go to "full site" at the bottom, and follow the guidelines in the index on the bottom of the Home page.

Do it much the same as with the PC, or whatever you used yesterday (IIRC). 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

KWood255

Not sure if this will work or not......if so, here is my new 330.

Filename: https://forestryforum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/34884/image~11.jpg

beenthere

Pics came up. Did it work for you on your iPad ?  Notice several duplicates in your gallery.

Are you loading a pic several times, or having some other problems?  Once a pic is in your gallery, you can just go to your gallery to get it for a post. Don't have to upload it from your computer each time.

Doing the "Click here to add Photos to post" will take you to your gallery, once you click on the "My Gallery" tab in the pop-up window.

Shout out if running into a problem.  "Preview" button will let you know what your post is going to look like. 

Nice rig.  Working it in the woods now?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!